With the holidays fast approaching, most business owners throughout Canada will be busier than ever with all those extra shoppers. And then there are those types of businesses that don’t necessarily see the spike in sales that come along with the holiday shopping season. Owners of such businesses tend to keep their hours the same and, just like many of the rest of us, plan on long, exciting, fun-filled holiday vacations. Sound like you?
If that’s the case, allow us to wish you a wonderful holiday vacation well in advance. Just a reminder – we still have several weeks to go until it’s here! However, it’s very important to communicate to your client base when you will and when you won’t be available to speak to them. At MeloTel, we have a 24/7 emergency contact policy. So we guarantee our clients that, in emergency situations, someone can always be reached by dialing 1-888-MELOTEL.
But, just like many other businesses across Canada, there will be times when voice messages will need to be left by callers. When the time comes to enjoy your holiday vacation, be sure that your outgoing voice greetings clearly communicate the status of your availability. Sounds easy enough, doesn’t it? But, there are some things to make sure you don’t forget when recording these messages. Here are five suggestions.
1. Reveal the dates of your absence. Generally speaking, communicating that you’re “not available right now” is adequate. But during a vacation layoff, it’s important to let your callers know the dates between which you will be out of the office. Be specific. Include in your outgoing message the date that you will be leaving the office and the date that you will be returning. However, you may also want to add the date that you will be available to return the call if it isn’t necessarily the date of your return to work.
2. If necessary, provide the reason for your absence. It’s important to note that this isn’t always necessary. Of course, there will be times when you’re out of the office for personal reasons. During the holiday season, however, you may simply want to state that your company is observing the holidays and that you wish your callers all of the joys that the season tends to bring. This helps to communicate your brand’s “personal side”.
3. Provide alternative contacts. Depending on your type of business, there may be “emergency situations” that arise for your customers as well. If so, you’ll want to list the alternative contacts that your clients may be able to call. That way, a customer with an urgent request won’t be left in the dark. If necessary, provide the phone number and e-mail address to the person handling your emergency calls during your vacation.
4. Suggest an alternate mode of communication. You may be too busy enjoying the holidays to take the various calls that still come into your business. However, you may decide that you don’t want to completely take a vacation from your duties as business owner. If so, consider leaving your e-mail address as an alternate way for your customers to contact you. That way, you’ll be able to return messages at your leisure and without the worry of a long conversation.
5. Be clear and concise. One of the biggest mistakes that people make when leaving outgoing messages is that they are not clear. They list phone numbers too quickly, they mumble or sound too quiet to be heard clearly. This is why utilizing the work of professionals to handle your telephone systems is the best bet. Out of Office Options are among the many great Telephone Features offered by MeloTel. For more information, give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL today!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"