Yes, we live in a world that’s all crazy about the internet. And while the digital era is definitely upon us, it has not eliminated some of our old tried-and-true modes of communication. In fact, the worldwide web has only allowed us to improve them! The VoIP-based telephone services offered by MeloTel provide the perfect example. But, at MeloTel, we also recognize that the ways in which the phone is used will make all the difference in the world.
What is your over-the-phone customer service regimen? It’s integral that every business has one. Without it, your customers will quickly begin to notice that your company doesn’t quite “have it all together.” At least, this is what we hear from many of new clients that complain that when they were with other telecom companies, “you speak to one representative and he’ll tell you something different than what another representative told you.”
Having the technology is important. But having the know-how is mandatory. Setting specific guidelines so that your staff members know how to handle the calls that come in to your business will make the difference between growing more customer relationships and losing the ones that you’ve already established. In today’s blog, we’ll review five ways to ensure that your over-the-phone customer service is top-notch.
1. Accept feedback. Hey, if anyone is going to be able to inform you about what is lacking about your customer service practices, it’s your customers! Don’t be afraid to seriously consider all of the feedback that they provide you. Take their advice and learn from your mistakes. Remember that not all feedback is bad. So be sure to acknowledge the things that your customers like about you and focus on them as well.
2. Get everyone on board. To avoid one of the pitfalls that we mentioned earlier, be sure that all of your phone representatives are on the same page. That begins with hiring competent and energetic staff members who enjoy speaking to people over the phone. However, it also means that your company policies are very clearly defined and understood by each member of your staff. Be sure that everyone is following your guidelines.
3. Establish a culture. In order for your team members to be great over-the-phone customer service representatives, you must develop a positive and motivational environment at your place of business. After all, how can one be pleasant on the phone is his or her working environment isn’t a pleasant one? Come up with ways to boost employee morale on a regular basis and encourage teamwork and togetherness in the office.
4. Reward your staff. When your employees do great work, they deserve the recognition. Acknowledging jobs well done goes a long way in both boosting and maintaining employee morale. Everything from monetary bonuses to an extra days off can help your workers become the best over-the-phone customer service representatives around. If you want someone to represent your company in the best way possible, be sure that they truly enjoy working for you.
5. Hold your team accountable. At the end of the day, you’re the boss. If you want your company to be known as one that provides top-notch customer service, you need top-notch customer service representatives. Your team members have responsibilities to uphold your vision. If, however, members of your staff are not on board, it may be time for them to seek employment elsewhere. Remember that the good name of your brand is at stake.
For more information on MeloTel’s VoIP telephone services, please call 1-888-MELOTEL.
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"