At MeloTel, we’ve long believed in the power of the blog. Widely known as a creative and effective way to attract more visitors to websites, blogging is among today’s most popular marketing methods. Content marketing is huge when it comes to getting your website noticed in search engines. Google looks very favourably upon sites that are regularly updated with new content.
But what are the best ways to put together your blog posts? The idea, of course, should be to not only intrigue readers, but to make them interested in your brand as a whole. Here are five keys to creating blog posts that garner business:
1. Be mindful of your customers’ interests. As a business owner, it’s likely that you come into contact with your customers on a regular basis. So what do your customers enjoy talking about? What are they most interested in? You’ll know this based on the questions they generally ask you and the conversations that are sparked, as a result. Treat your blog posts like interesting answers to some of the most popular questions you get from your customers. That way, you know you’re speaking to their interests.
2. Write about topics that your products and services directly address. Does your business offer a dry cleaning service? Blog posts about unique ways to get stains out of your clothes will work perfectly for your target audience. Do you own a restaurant that is known for its homemade pizzas? Write blogs about some of the weirdest topping combinations that you’ve heard of. You get the picture. Your blogs should always be interesting, but relevant to your customer base.
3. Always include a call to action. To branch off of that last point, it’s wise to include a request by the end of each of your blogs. “If you’re really looking to get that stain out for good, be sure to give us a call” is a great way to end that dry cleaning blog post. “What combination of toppings would make your perfect pizza? Give us a call and let us make it for you today!” would be a fantastic way to conclude the aforementioned restaurant blog. See how that works?
4. Prove you’re an expert. Your blog is your perfect opportunity to brag a little bit about yourself. Offering personal stories or anecdotes that highlight your experience in your field is a great way to garner both respect and trust within your industry. Blogs that reflect just how knowledgeable you are about your business will help to generate questions from people who wish to know more.
5. Post links to your blogs on social media. Plenty of companies add new blogs to their websites, but don’t tell anyone about them. What good is that going to do you? Although it may take a little while to catch on, it’s important that your blog be used as an avenue to ramp up the followers you get on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Be sure to post links to your blogs on all of your social media accounts. It’s the best way to spread the word!
MeloTel’s Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire have been helping company websites all across North America to regularly increase their traffic for years. Our copy is readable, engaging and optimized to get you more hits in search engines. For more information about how our team can start writing for your company website, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"