At MeloTel, we’ve long believed in the power of the blog. Widely known as a creative and effective way to attract more visitors to websites, blogging is among today’s most popular marketing methods. Content marketing is huge when it comes to getting your website noticed in search engines. Google looks very favourably upon sites that are regularly updated with new content.
But what are the best ways to put together your blog posts? The idea, of course, should be to not only intrigue readers, but to make them interested in your brand as a whole. Here are five keys to creating blog posts that garner business:
1. Be mindful of your customers’ interests. As a business owner, it’s likely that you come into contact with your customers on a regular basis. So what do your customers enjoy talking about? What are they most interested in? You’ll know this based on the questions they generally ask you and the conversations that are sparked, as a result. Treat your blog posts like interesting answers to some of the most popular questions you get from your customers. That way, you know you’re speaking to their interests.
2. Write about topics that your products and services directly address. Does your business offer a dry cleaning service? Blog posts about unique ways to get stains out of your clothes will work perfectly for your target audience. Do you own a restaurant that is known for its homemade pizzas? Write blogs about some of the weirdest topping combinations that you’ve heard of. You get the picture. Your blogs should always be interesting, but relevant to your customer base.
3. Always include a call to action. To branch off of that last point, it’s wise to include a request by the end of each of your blogs. “If you’re really looking to get that stain out for good, be sure to give us a call” is a great way to end that dry cleaning blog post. “What combination of toppings would make your perfect pizza? Give us a call and let us make it for you today!” would be a fantastic way to conclude the aforementioned restaurant blog. See how that works?
4. Prove you’re an expert. Your blog is your perfect opportunity to brag a little bit about yourself. Offering personal stories or anecdotes that highlight your experience in your field is a great way to garner both respect and trust within your industry. Blogs that reflect just how knowledgeable you are about your business will help to generate questions from people who wish to know more.
5. Post links to your blogs on social media. Plenty of companies add new blogs to their websites, but don’t tell anyone about them. What good is that going to do you? Although it may take a little while to catch on, it’s important that your blog be used as an avenue to ramp up the followers you get on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Be sure to post links to your blogs on all of your social media accounts. It’s the best way to spread the word!
MeloTel’s Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire have been helping company websites all across North America to regularly increase their traffic for years. Our copy is readable, engaging and optimized to get you more hits in search engines. For more information about how our team can start writing for your company website, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!