No matter the size of your business, it is imperative that it has a strong online presence. This wouldn’t be the first time we’ve mentioned this. And it certainly won’t be the last. It should go without saying that we live in a very technology-loving world where people are constantly on their smartphones, laptops and tablets connecting with other people across the planet. Not having a strong online presence, therefore, is no different than not existing at all!
But how do you know if your business website is up to snuff? Simply having a website doesn’t necessarily indicate that you have a strong online presence. There are a number of components that your website needs in order for it to be considered an excellent representation of your brand. In today’s blog, we’ll explore some of those key components in an effort to determine just how strong your online presence really is.
Here are five:
1. An easy-to-remember and easy-to-spell domain name. It all begins with the name of the website itself. For MeloTel, choosing a domain name was easy. If you can make your domain name the name of your business, you can be assured that it will be both easy to remember and easy to spell. But what about those businesses with long names? It’s generally advisable to choose a domain name that is concise, relevant and won’t soon be forgotten.
2. An easy-to-navigate layout. You may have noticed that, with these first two points, ease and convenience are big factors. Remember that online users have other online options that they can jump to within seconds. When they visit your site, they’ll want to quickly see how easy it is to find its various pages. Your site should have clearly defined tabs at the top of the home page so that all visitors can easily navigate throughout the site at their leisure.
3. Easy-to-find contact information. At the end of the day, the purpose of your website is to encourage visitors to contact you directly. You should have an easy-to-find contact page (it’s generally the final tab in the right upper corner of the homepage) that includes your business address, phone number and email address. Some companies also like having boxes that allow visitors to fill in their contact information so that they may be called by the company directly.
4. Social media integration. Something that is fairly common these days are social media icons on the homepage of websites. You’ll notice that they appear in the upper right hand corner of the MeloTel site. This makes it easy for people to visit our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. In today’s world, a strong social media presence is practically equally as important as having a strong website.
5. Mobile-friendly capabilities. These days, if your website cannot easily be viewed on smartphones, you’ll be missing out on a large portion of the population visiting your site. Studies have shown that when online users visit sites on their smartphones, they are a lot more likely to support the brands they find within a short span of time. This is because smartphone internet surfing is usually a “need it now” type of activity.
At MeloTel, we offer Website Maintenance Services to ensure that your company website is always up to snuff. Our monthly webmaster plans are perfect for the individual or small business that has a small amount of sites in its network and can benefit from about two to 15 hours of work each month. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the Live Chat feature on our website!