Change is inevitable. As time goes on, all things must experience some type of modification. Take your place of business, for example. Has it always looked exactly the same? Surely, over time, you’ve renovated the decor to keep things looking fresh and modernized. Perhaps, you’ve even moved the location of your business once or twice. If so, then you’re well aware that change can be good. However, change can also present us with difficulties.
When changing locations, businesses are forced to get new phone numbers so that they can be contacted at their new digs. Or do they? With the advent of VoIP technology, much as changed in the world of telephone services. At MeloTel, our Commercial Telephone services allow our customers to enjoy local and toll-free number portability. That means that no matter where you move your office location, your telephone number goes along with you!
You can even operate your business without any specific physical location when making use of our incredible VoIP Telephone Features. But it’s a good thing to know that wherever you decide to conduct business, your important customers can reach you. It should never be underestimated just how important it is for your clients to know that you are never out of reach. In today’s blog, we’ll explore five reasons why it’s important to travel with your phone number.
1. It provides familiarity. Once your customers have gotten to know your phone number, it’s not something that they’ll likely wish to re-memorize. Sure, most phone numbers are stored in people’s smartphones these days. But who even wants to re-program those numbers? The more familiar your phone number is to your clients, the more likely they are going to continue to call you. Changing your number because of a move could risk the loss of important clients.
2. It shows stability. Business owners always need to be concerned with the impressions that their companies give off. To communicate that you run a stable and dependable business, it’s important to show some consistency. The changing of your business phone number could be cause for concern for certain clients who want to make sure that they are dealing with a reputable brand.
3. It provides convenience. At MeloTel, we’re all about making the lives of our customers easy. And we love helping our clients make the lives of their customers easy as well. When our clients move the locations of their businesses but keep the same phone numbers through our VoIP telephone services plan, it makes the lives of their customers easier. No changes in phone number means no problems in finding the company when it’s needed.
4. It prevents forgetfulness. At the end of the day, we all have way too much of our minds to be mindful of the various changes that are happening in our world. Sometimes we just forget to write down those new numbers given to us or to make those changes in our smartphones. When we know a number, we prefer that it doesn’t change. The same can be said when people change credit cards, for example. Getting a new number is often an inconvenience.
5. It keeps current customers. Speaking of those bad memories, if you have customers who aren’t aware of your new number or simply forgot that you had one, then you’re pretty much out of luck. Sure, they can research you online to locate your new number, but keeping in mind that whole “providing convenience” thing, you don’t want to have to put people through the hassle. Take your phone number with you wherever you go, and you’ll take your current customers along with you!
For more information on our Commercial Telephone services and the portability features that come with them, please give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"