For many North American business owners, VoIP is still a relatively new concept. “Voice over Internet Protocol”, in fact, can be a mouthful for many who don’t quite consider themselves all that tech-savvy. The truth is, however, you really don’t have to be all that tech-savvy in order to take advantage of VoIP telephony. The idea that VoIP is a complicated new technology is simply a myth. In fact, there are many ideas about VoIP that are simply unfounded.
Here are five:
1. It must be expensive. In fact, the complete opposite is true! MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services provide our clients with crystal clear communication to more than 22 countries without the burden of receiving high long distance bills. In fact, VoIP makes long distance bills things of the past! By using the internet instead of traditional landlines to connect calls, VoIP customers enjoy far less expensive phone bills each month.
2. The sound quality must be poorer. Keep in mind that VoIP functions via your internet coverage. If you have a high-speed internet connection that provides adequate monthly bandwidth, you’ll enjoy crystal clear calling. Traditional landlines, on the other hand, experience a lot of sound quality issues that haven’t improved much over the years. VoIP, meanwhile, has the ability to provide high quality audio as long the internet coverage is strong.
3. It’s difficult to install. This is certainly not true. In fact, VoIP-based telephone systems require much less hardware than traditional phone lines. Often, all that is needed is a headset and an internet connection. Offices that adopt VoIP technology often find themselves looking a lot neater without all of the excessive wiring that landlines require. Installation procedures are commonly very quick and easy to do.
4. Hardware upgrades are hard to get. The complete opposite is true in this case, as well. Because of the flexibility that VoIP provides, upgrading hardware is as easy as switching out one headset for another. As mentioned, VoIP telephone systems require far less equipment than your traditional landlines. Some entrepreneurs use nothing more than their laptop computers to make and take their calls.
5. It’s pretty much the same thing as having a landline. Hopefully, by now, you know that this simply couldn’t be further from the truth. VoIP technology provides its users with a wide array of features that were never before available. Some of our favourites, here at MeloTel, are Voicemail To Your Email, Incoming Call Routing, Conference Calling and Single Number Reach.
As well, perhaps the most significant difference between VoIP and landlines is found in its portability. Business owners can be on business trips with their laptops, simply find an internet connection and plug in their headsets to begin making and taking calls just as easy as they could if they were in their home offices. This wonderful benefit of VoIP technology makes it completely unlike landlines which insist upon having telephones set up in stationary locations.
For more information about MeloTel’s VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services and its many amazing features, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"