The MeloTel Blog has been discussing the concept of providing optimum customer service throughout the holiday season quite a lot lately. Sometimes, providing the best possible service means finding ways to satisfy customers even when no one is available to take their calls. Obviously, this entails having an adequate voicemail greeting in place. Providing accurate information that can help customers throughout the holidays is imperative if you want to maintain your brand’s reputation.
But that’s not the only way to provide excellent customer service throughout the holidays! Here are five holiday season customer service tips:
1. Allow your callers to skip the queue. In many cases throughout the holidays, your customers may not be able to speak to live representatives. In such cases, it’s best that they are able to leave messages for the people they are calling for. That way, they don’t have to waste time listening to unnecessary voice prompts. Provide an option for your callers to press a key that will allow them to immediately leave messages for the right people during the holiday break.
2. Prepare for frequently asked questions. Hopefully, the holiday season will bring about joyous times for your family, friends and customers. If so, it is unlikely you’ll be receiving many calls to begin with. However, consider the most popular questions that are asked of you. Prepare a voicemail greeting that seeks to answer some of the questions that you feel will most likely be asked during the holiday season.
3. Get your team to add some holiday cheer to their interactions. Most companies still have some of their representatives work during the last two weeks of the year. It’s the perfect time to inject some extra cheer into their conversations. Give your customers the warm and toasty feeling of the holidays when they call your company. They’ll not soon forget the positive interactions and look forward to doing business with your brand well into the future.
4. Prepare for higher call volumes. For some businesses, the holiday season is a slow period. For many others, it’s the busiest time of year! If so, you may need more agents on the phone than ever before. Be sure to schedule your staff appropriately so that you don’t have callers waiting for long periods of time when they call your company. Sometimes, you may need to take an “all hands on deck” approach.
5. Throw a holiday party. Now, how exactly does this help to improve customer service during the holidays? As you know, the holiday season can be a hectic time. And that goes double for your employees who may be required to do double the work. Reward them with a fun holiday celebration that they can all look forward to. A happy staff is a productive staff. Getting your team to spread holiday cheer on behalf of your business starts with its members being in genuinely cheerful moods.
At MeloTel, we’re very much of the mind that enjoying the holidays is a must. As you may already be aware, our office will be closed on December 23rd, 24th, 25th, 30th and 31st to give our team an opportunity to enjoy the holidays. However, we remain committed to ensuring that you receive the best possible customer service, even when you may not get the opportunity to speak to a live representative.
For more information on our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services or any other of our excellent services, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"