All business owners want their businesses to grow. And, for the most part, they all need strong teams in order to make that happen. Both you and the members of your staff need to be on the same page if you expect your brand to be successful. Are they with you in your quest to provide the best customer service in your industry? No matter what your goals are, your employees must know about them. And they must be given the tools so that they can do their part.
It all starts with training. As a provider of VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services, the MeloTel team works with a number of Canadian business owners who run call centre-based organizations. As a result, we’re aware of how much time and dedication goes into training new hires. We’ve learned that you can’t stop training once a new hire is on the phone. If anything, that’s where the real training starts!
On-the-job training is arguably the best type of experience a worker can get. And, as a business owner, it’s your job to ensure that each of your employees receive regular feedback to keep them all sharp and on their toes. Don’t assume that they’re all experts at what they’re doing. There is always room for improvement. To make your business the best it can be, don’t shy away from providing regular feedback.
Here are five effective ways to offer feedback to employees:
1. Offer specific advice. Instead of offering such tips as “try to be friendlier on your future calls”, be clear about what your phone rep said in a recent call and give a specific example of how he/she can improve. “I noticed that you ended your last call by saying, ‘okay, bye’. On future calls, please ask if there is anything more you can do to help the customer and then offer him or her a pleasantry like ‘thank you for calling, have a great evening.’”
2. Monitor your tone and demeanour. Not everyone takes feedback with the same amount of appreciation. Your call centre is bound to occupy individuals of varying personalities. Remember that when offering your feedback. Some people prefer the straight up approach. Others may respond better to subtle, yet supportive ways of letting them know how they can improve on the job. Get to know your staff members so you can get to know how to communicate with them.
3. Align your feedback with your company’s mission statement. It’s important that your employees don’t feel as if you’re providing feedback for feedback’s sake. Remind them of the goals that you’ve set out for your business in your morning meetings. If you don’t have morning meetings, it’s a good idea to get them going. They can service as great motivators and reminders as to why your team is so needed and appreciated.
4. Schedule your feedback sessions. Feedback doesn’t have to be a surprise. In fact, it shouldn’t be. If your employees know that they’re calls are being monitored and that they may be the subject of future feedback sessions, they will work to improve with each call. As well, it helps to not make people feel as if they’re being caught off guard. Let your team members get used to sitting down to talk with you at a scheduled time at least once a week.
5. Take advantage of MeloTel’s Monitor/Whisper Control Panel. This amazing feature allows you to listen in on your phone reps’ calls without being detected. And, if necessary, you can offer your feedback by subtly dropping in on the call to coach your agent live and while the call is happening. The other party won’t hear you. The Monitor/Whisper Control Panel has been known to dramatically improve call centre production and overall customer experiences.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"