With the holiday season almost here, most of us feel as if it’s already time to celebrate. And, in many ways, it is! After all, Christmas music can be heard everywhere you go, people are out shopping for gifts and Christmas movies are playing non-stop on television. Yes, it’s that very joyous time of year that most of us can’t help but start celebrating early. But, for business owners, that’s not always so easy.
Many small business owners all across Canada see things as “business as usual” right up until the last day of work. And this only makes sense considering that the holiday season is often the busiest time of year for them. Because this often means servicing an onslaught of new customers, it also means that things can get a bit more stressful than normal. It’s important to remember that your staff members are bound to feel that stress too.
Keeping employee morale high is an important task to accomplish all year long. However, during the holiday season, extra attention should be devoted to ensuring that your team members are kept happy. At MeloTel, we often do things to keep the mood light at work. Our experience has shown us that this helps for everyone to have more productive days. In today’s blog, we’ll share five of our top ideas for keeping employee morale high around the office.
1. Post funny notes. All companies have rules of some kind. And our company is no different. But, at the MeloTel offices, we like to have fun with the way we enforce some of these rules. In a number of rooms – our washroom is the perfect example – we post humorous notes about what is to be expected of our employees. Whimsical suggestions about how to keep the washroom clean is just one way to keep the mood light throughout each day.
2. Fill the office with uniqueness. We recently set up a new fish tank at MeloTel. Our office is now the home to a few tinfoil barbs. They are basically slightly larger than goldfish and have a silvery, tinfoil-like colour. Not only does this fish tank give our staff members some moments of calm and relaxation, but it helps to add to the humorous aspect of our surroundings. Our fish tank is located directly below a giant painting of a cat!
3. Promote the bigger picture. Sure, there are a bunch of things that you can do around the office to keep your staff members in good moods. But, at the end of the day, each and every person on your team needs to believe in the company’s overall goal. Our staff is made up of very energetic and determined individuals who believe in MeloTel’s mission statement to make customers happy. We encourage this belief every day and have such a strong team because of it.
4. Show that you care. One of the biggest reasons that we have a staff made up of people who care about the company is because the company cares about them. Be sure to treat your team members as human beings. This doesn’t mean that you have to become everyone’s best friend. However, it does mean that the needs and concerns of your staff members must be considered. Caring about their life events and being there to help solve their problems goes a long way.
5. Acknowledge jobs well done. As important as it is to develop strong relationships with the members of your team is to acknowledge their contributions to your company. You wouldn’t be able to succeed without your staff. Be sure to congratulate and thank them anytime their contributions help to further your company. Remember that this is the time for giving. So be sure to show your generosity this holiday season. It will pay off big time in the new year!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"