At MeloTel, we believe that excellent customer service has a lot to do with expedience. Our customers trust us not just to deliver on our promises, but to do so quickly. In today’s world, things are generally expected to happen pretty fast. We’re no longer living in a society where people understand that they have to wait for packages to arrive. Of course, this is still the case in many industries. But “can’t you just email that to me?” is a question heard a lot in our industry.
The point is that people expect fast delivery. And while not everything a company promises can be delivered in the blink of an eye, it is important to provide clarity as to when your deliveries can be made. Perhaps, it’s more accurate to say that dependability is a primary ingredient of excellent customer service. In other words, delivering by a promised time is even more important than delivering quickly.
Here are five drawbacks to missing your deadlines:
1. You’ll lose the confidence of your customers. Earning your customers’ trust is hard enough as it is. You can’t take it for granted. Knowing that they have options, most consumers give businesses one chance – that’s it – to make good on a promise. If you promise your customer delivery by a particular date and that date is missed, your customer isn’t likely to place his/her confidence in your brand again.
2. News of your poor reputation will spread. Never let it be lost on you that we’re living in a social media-crazed world. The second your company has disappointed a customer, countless people will catch word of it via their Facebook and Twitter accounts. This damages not just the relationship with the customer you’ve let down but the many other customers and potential customers you have or could have.
3. Your profits will dwindle. It is likely that you sell the same products as your competitors. But when your reputation for not delivering on time is becoming widespread, it makes you susceptible to losing customers who may actually have been happy with your services before. Now, they have become nervous about continuing their working relationship with your brand. People don’t tend to want to shell out money for companies who cannot meet their deadlines.
4. Potential returns. In many cases, people need products delivered to them by specific dates for specific reasons. If those dates are missed, the products become no longer useful. As a result, you’ll experience an influx of returns. Of course, this also impacts profit margins as you’ll have to both provide refunds and find ways to restock your shelves with items you expected to have already moved.
5. You’ll need to revamp your company image. It may sound drastic to suggest that your company may have to start from scratch when it misses its deadlines. And we’re not quite suggesting that. We are, however, saying that you’ll need to take a look at your policies and rework them so that you’re not making the same mistakes in future. As well, you’ll want to make sure that you satisfy your disgruntled customers by offering compensation of some sort to make up your missteps.
At MeloTel, we make on-time deliveries a top priority! For more information about our fantastic VoiP-based Commercial Phone Services and the FREE telephones that come with them, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"