Halloween is just a week away! And people all over North America are gearing up to scare their neighbours and friends with their ghoulish costumes and decorations. Of course, “scaring” others, at this time of year, is all in good fun. But it’s no fun for business owners when their customers are scared away. Unfortunately, for some businesses, poor customer service practices serve to do just that.
So what customer service practices may scare your customers away? Here are five:
1. Showing indifference or disinterest. You don’t necessarily need to be rude to turn your customers off. When your staff members don’t show a genuine interest in helping your customers, a bad impression of your business is given. It’s important that your company’s representatives perform their jobs with liveliness and energy to convey that they are happy to help your customers. Those who seem like they don’t care about their jobs will produce people who don’t care to give you their business.
2. Neglecting to show gratitude. A “thank you” can go a long way. It’s important to show your customers, not only that you care, but that you truly appreciate their support. Small gestures like gift cards and random discounts are excellent ways of expressing your gratitude. But the simple exclamation of “thank you for calling” or “thank you for your purchase” can help to keep a customer loyal.
3. Not appearing knowledgeable. There are few things that scare customers away quicker than company representatives who sound like they don’t know what they’re doing. When customers call up with questions and speak to phone agents who aren’t prepared with answers, they get turned off pretty quickly. It’s of paramount importance that your staff members are well-trained, so that they can appear as experts whenever they’re asked questions about your products and services.
4. Keeping your customers waiting. Does anyone actually like waiting? Whether it’s in line at a checkout or on the phone in a calling queue, waiting is no fun. It’s important that you remember the whole “time is money” adage when providing customer service. Not only does it earn your company more money when they attend to as many customers as possible, but it greatly impresses your company’s supporters when they don’t have to worry about having their time wasting when dealing with you.
5. Not keeping your promises. You miss deadlines that you say you’re going to meet. You don’t call back at times you say that you will. You don’t deliver on offers that you’ve made. These are all ways to lose customers. It’s important that you gain the trust of your customer base. The act of sticking to what you said you would do is huge, no matter what industry you’re a part of. Having customers who feel they can depend on you will only grow your base. Not keeping your promises will diminish it!
At MeloTel, we have long insisted upon making excellent customer service a top priority. We know how important it is for our customers to feel valued and respected. We also know how important it is for them to feel like they are receiving top-of-the-line service. To receive a dose of MeloTel’s commitment to excellent customer service, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the Live Chat feature on our website!
Be sure to ask us about our Commercial Phone Services!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"