It’s hard to disregard customer service as a number one priority when it comes to running your business. Customers may love your products and services, but what they cherish the most is the respect and appreciation they feel when they do business with you. Consider your own feelings when you deal with other businesses as a customer. Don’t you like being referred to by name? Don’t you appreciate when people are easy to work with?
In order to solidify your brand’s reputation, there are some important steps to take in your everyday customer service practices. Without many of them, you run the risk of turning your customers away. This is especially true when you are conducting business over the phone. You don’t have the luxury of facial expressions, hand gestures and other body language. So what you say and how you say it is of vital importance if you want to make a good impression
Here are five customer service practices that always make good impressions:
1. Listening closely. Active listening plays a huge role in the world of providing excellent customer service. No one really likes to repeat themselves. But this goes double when a customer is making a request. Be sure to listen attentively to the needs and requests of the people you speak to. It doesn’t hurt to review important portions of the conversation just to make sure you have understood everything correctly. That way, you’ll always satisfy customer requests the first time.
2. Always sticking to your word. Breaking a promise is the death knell of many a relationship. And this is certainly true in the business world. Be sure to only offer guarantees that you know you can manage. Don’t make a promise to a customer that you can’t deliver on. Your best bet is to under promise. In other words, if you know that your delivery will arrive within a week, tell your customers that it will take at least ten days. That way, they will receive a pleasant surprise!
3. Being accessible. It’s understandable that you can’t be reached 24/7. But customers tend to hate being unable to make contact with the people they’re doing business with. You should have a strict policy of always getting back to callers within a business day. Remember that no one really likes talking to answering machines. But if they have to leave messages, they will expect expedient responses to them. Don’t keep them waiting!
4. Offering several communication channels. Different customers prefer different modes of communication. Many prefer speaking to live representatives over the phone. However, some prefer using email. Live chat features on websites are growing in popularity because they provide immediate customer service. Do your best to offer as many ways as possible to be reached.
5. Not shying away from apologies. Nobody’s perfect. That includes you! And, for the most part, customers understand that. A big problem arises, however, when business representatives don’t offer up apologies when things go wrong. Show your human side and express empathy when customers reveal their negative experiences. Genuinely apologize when those experiences may have been caused or worsened by your actions. It will go a long way in securing their loyalty.
For a dose of MeloTel’s brand of excellent customer service, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the Live Chat feature on our website! Be sure to ask us about our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services and innovative Single Number Reach feature!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"