With the holiday shopping season practically here, things are bound to get busier than ever. Not only will you have your own shopping to do, but you’re likely to be hearing from and seeing your customers a lot more in the coming weeks. At MeloTel, we’re in the business of “staying in touch”. And, as a result, we know that pretty much every business owner has to become a master of the “staying in touch” game.
Customers simply hate it when they can’t get the customer service they need at the times that they need it. It’s not always possible, is it? After all, you can’t be expected to answer every single phone call that comes your way 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, right? Well, that’s where practicing the art of “staying in touch” really comes in handy. There are some key ways to make your client base know that you are accessible to them – even when you aren’t.
Part of mastering this art is making sure that your clients aren’t the only ones who do the reaching out. It’s up to you to ensure that you are regularly communicating with them to let them know that you always have their best interests at heart. There are a variety of ways to keep in touch. And they all have your company’s best interests at heart, as well. Let’s take a look at five good approaches.
1. Write a newsletter. There are always new and exciting things happening with your business, right? Don’t leave your customers in the dark about them. Be sure to let them know through regular email newsletters. You can send them weekly or even monthly if you prefer. This regular mode of communication ensures that you’re never totally out of sight or out of mind. Newsletters are great ways to keep your client base informed about new products and services.
2. Blog regularly. At MeloTel, we recommend blogging no less that once a week. Three to five times a week is ideal. The more content you add to your site, the better its chances are of being picked up in search engines. Just as importantly, it lets your client base know that your business is active. Blogs also keep your customers informed about the various goings-on at your business. This will encourage them to get in touch with you. Get in touch with MeloTel if you’d like us to blog for you!
3. Acknowledge special occasions. Sometimes that personal touch is necessary. Of course, it’s great to send newsletters and post blogs, but your customers will really appreciate the personal acknowledgments that you give them. Have you gotten to know the birthdays and anniversaries of your clients? If not, get to learn them! And if so, be sure to remember them. Something as simple as an email or as elaborate as a gift to celebrate the day will go a long way.
4. Invite customers to events. There are Christmas parties galore about to take place. Are you throwing one? Perhaps, this year, you should take advantage of the opportunity to invite some of your most loyal customers to your special events or parties. It’s a great way to further the business relationships and strengthen their loyalties. In addition, there’s still no better way to communicate than a face-to-face meeting.
5. Use Single Number Reach. Often heralded as MeloTel’s “most fascinating service”, the incredible Single Number Reach feature is one of the best ways for business owners to make sure they’re never out of reach. Really ideal for the small business owner on the go, this feature allows you to forward a local number to up to five numbers of your choice. For more information, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"