Running a business is no easy feat. But it is a lot easier to do when you adopt the very basic principles of everyday living when conducting business each day. In other words, it’s important to treat people the way you’d like to be treated. This simple, yet effective trait is one that can truly help your business to be successful for the long haul. And, at the same time, it can crush your company if it is not practiced correctly.
Everybody likes to be treated kindly. That should go without saying. But when you’re dealing with customers, it’s important to double-up on that approach. It’s your company’s reputation that’s at stake when you’re not handling customer concerns with the utmost politeness and respect. Many businesses falter due to a lack of exhibiting common courtesies. In today’s blog, we’ll review five than can really help your business.
1. Be clear. It’s important to be very forthright and clear about what you offer. Let your client know exactly what it is you’re able to do for him or her and be sure to follow through on your promises. Check and double check that you have the right instructions as well. The last thing you want is for a customer to lose trust in your brand because you haven’t delivered. Don’t delete those emails. Make sure you have the details of your interactions down correctly.
2. Be respectful. At no time should you be using any type of offensive language or verbiage when speaking with your clients. It’s important to keep your cool no matter what negative situation may arise. You can’t let your emotions get the best of you. They say the customer is always right. But, as you know, that can’t always be the case. Be sure to be as respectful as possible when handling disputes.
3. Return phone calls. That goes for emails, text messages and just about any other form of communication out there. Customers get easily annoyed when they feel that they are being ignored. No one likes sitting and waiting around. Even if you’re unable to address the question or concern being presented to you, it is a good idea to return the message left by your client so that he or she knows that you’re working on it.
4. Meet deadlines. In everyday life, people make and give timelines. “I’ll be there by noon” or “Call me after work” are often phrases that communicate that we all work on certain schedules. In the business world, being on time is twice as important. Time is money, as they say. So be sure to meet the deadlines set out in your agreements with your clients. You may want to set them for further down the road than you need so that you can complete your projects early!
5. Apologize. Hey, we all make mistakes. So if you’ve made one, don’t hesitate to apologize for it. Often, the making up for a mistake can be the most significant factor in the creation of a strong business relationship. There’s nothing wrong with saying you’re sorry and making up for it by doing a little something extra for your client. Reasonable people will understand and accept your courtesy warmly.
At MeloTel, we work to offer these and other common courtesies all the time. And, of course, we expect them in return. We appreciate clients who show us common courtesies by following through on their own commitments and being respectful and overall pleasures to work with. Give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL and allow us the opportunity to express our common courtesies towards you. We’re confident you’ll find a whole other reason to become a MeloTel client!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"