As we proudly announced in our last blog, our company Founder & CEO, John Meloche is currently on a leave of absence, celebrating the birth of his newborn son, Lukas. We’re happy to report that both Lukas and momma, Kathryn are recovering quite well at Mount Sinai Hospital following a C-section delivery last Thursday. In the meantime, MeloTel is still open for business and functioning smoothly with the help of John’s trusted team.
This brings to mind one of the key components of what helps for MeloTel to be the successful company that it has grown to be. Having a strong team unit has certainly afforded us the ability to develop as a brand and expand our customer base. No matter what type of business you run, having a strong team will be a very important part of its success. If you’re currently in the hiring mood, there are a few characteristics you’ll want to look for in your new hires.
Here are five:
1. He/she upholds similar values to that of your brand. When searching for your new hires, you should be on the lookout for individuals who already believe in the same principles as you do. For example, if you run a customer-focused company, your candidates should display signs that they think of others before themselves. It’s easier to attach someone who already possesses a selfless attitude to your brand than to train someone who needs to change attitudes.
2. He/she is eager to learn. You’re not always going to find candidates who are experts in your field. You will, however, likely encounter job-seekers who are quick learners and are very interested in picking up new skills. Such individuals can be assets to your company. They’ll be willing to take on a number of roles in hopes to become masters in their newfound career positions.
3. He/she works well with others. Few businesses are run by one person alone. Your company requires a team of workers who all share a similar vision. In order for business to run smoothly, each team member must be willing to help the next one. In working environments where people are expected to work together, it’s very difficult to maximize productivity when there are individuals who only care about their own personal successes.
4. He/she is confident in his/her abilities. Arrogance is not a favourable trait. Confidence, on the other hand, is an asset. It’s important to be able to distinguish between the two. You want your team to be bolstered with people who are assured that they can each handle their jobs. Those who lack confidence will only serve to slow things down. The same can be said for the arrogant. Adding negative energy to any team is bound to hurt production. More often than not, a happy staff is a productive staff.
5. He/she can have fun on the job. One visit to the MeloTel office and you’ll notice that we work in a pretty light-hearted atmosphere. While we each take our jobs very seriously, no one on the team is above cracking a joke and lightening the mood of the office on a daily basis. Having fun should be part of your job. As we alluded to earlier, positive feelings contribute to productive work days. Hire people who know how to laugh and enjoy themselves.
We certainly hope that MeloTel’s customers have enjoyed interacting with the members of our team. Never hesitate to contact us in order to discuss any and all of our great hosted services. From our fantastic VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services to our Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire, our team provides only the best! For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!