It can be argued that excellent customer service is a language. It’s a specific way of communicating that involves heavy usage of certain words and the elimination of some others. “Can’t” and “won’t” are two words that should be eliminated. It’s important to inform customers of what your company is able to do for them to make them happy – not what it is unable to do so that dissatisfaction is the result.
“Happy”, by the way, is one of those all-important words that should be used throughout your interactions with your customers. When you communicate that you are “happy” to do something, it conveys that you’re not just doing your job because you have to. You’re saying that you enjoy improving the lives of your customers. It may be a subtle change in verbiage, but it has a huge impact on the way that people perceive your brand.
So what other words should you be using throughout each interaction with your customers? Here are five can’t-go-wrong customer service phrases:
1. “I can understand how that would make you feel”. Empathy is huge in the world of customer service. When learning of a problem experienced by a customer, it’s important that you take a moment to acknowledge how that problem may have presented an inconvenience. Putting yourself in your customer’s “shoes” will help to alleviate some of the tension that may exist during your conversation. Seeing things from their perspective will vastly improve the quality of your service.
2. “Here’s what I’m going to do for you.” As we alluded to earlier, it’s important to highlight what you can do for your customers instead of what you can’t do for them. Of course, there will be times when your customers request the impossible. This form of verbiage helps to detract attention from that impossible request in order to place emphasis on a reasonable alternative. It all comes down to locating a feasible resolution.
3. “That’s a great question!” You always want to do what you can to make your customers feel comfortable. And that includes finding ways to make them feel at ease with asking questions. Some people fear asking questions that they think will make them sound stupid. Think with the mindset that no question is stupid if the answer in unknown. Show that you take pleasure in providing information and never give off the impression that it’s a nuisance.
4. “Thank you for bringing that to my attention.” You’re not perfect. And neither is your business. It is quite possible that there is a flaw with your products or services. When a customer informs you of an issue, be sure to express your gratitude. That person has just given you information about how to improve your business. Use the feedback to ensure that similar problems don’t exist in future.
5. “It was nice speaking with you.” When you let your customers know that it’s a joy – not a chore – to either take their calls or service them in person, it will be more of a joy for them to call you or visit your place of business. Customers greatly value their experiences with businesses, not just the products and services they buy from them. Be sure to communicate your pleasure in interacting with the people who support your brand.
At MeloTel, we strive to provide the best customer service in our industry. Using these can’t-go-wrong phrases and more, we work diligently on building our relationships with our customers. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to experience our brand of customer service for yourself! Be sure to ask us about our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services. You may call us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"