From the “tell me something I don’t know” files comes the following statement: the internet has changed the world! Quite obviously, the ways in which we are able to communicate have vastly changed considering that the worldwide web allows us to easily keep in touch with individuals from all over the globe. On a regular basis, social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter keep people from every spot on Earth connected.
As a business owner, it’s a no-brainer to implement as much VoIP technology at your company as you can to take advantage of its many great benefits. The internet has pretty much allowed us to place different people in the same room when each of them is physically located in different countries. Phone conferencing, for example, is a business practice that is often employed to connect business people from various remote locations.
This is especially important in today’s world since so many of us are often on-the-go. In addition, many businesses conduct their day-to-day operations with associates in other countries, so face-to-face meetings on a regular basis aren’t always possible. In lieu of being able to hold a traditional meeting, telephone conference calls have become saviours for many businesses. Here are five benefits of telephone conferencing.
1. It’s cost-effective. Just think about the money you save, as a business owner, when you conduct a telephone conference instead of an in-person meeting. It eliminates the need for travel. So right away, you’re saving money on gas, car rentals, airline tickets and hotel fees. As well, VoIP technology makes the high costs associated with long distance bills a thing of the past. Using the internet instead of a traditional phone line is a big money saver.
2. It saves time. Of course, you’re not only saving money with telephone conferencing. Not having to travel is a time-saver as well. Telephone conferences promote organization. Generally, they are mediated by one person who delineates responsibility to each person on the line, giving each person an opportunity to speak. Agendas are often laid out and question and answer periods are usually encouraged. Like a regular meeting, this is all expected to be done within a certain time frame.
3. It makes everyone accessible. Obviously, when you use telephone conferencing over face-to-face meetings, it eliminates many of the excuses that may come up for why certain participants cannot attend. In many cases, a participant doesn’t even need to roll out of bed in order to take part in a telephone conference! No matter a person’s location, he or she can be involved. It allows for a several people to all be in on one meeting regardless of physical location.
4. It makes use of modern technology. In many cases, telephone conferences aren’t kept strictly to the phones. Modern technology, as you may know, allows participants to incorporate the use of cameras in order to be streamed live on screens. This often helps for the conversations to flow better since expressions on faces can be seen as they would if the meeting was held in person. The use of recorded video can also be implemented in such conferences.
5. It’s affordable through MeloTel! When you sign up for MeloTel’s Commercial Telephone services, Mobile and Conferencing features become available to you. You can schedule and have multiple conferences on your conference number, or you can dial internally within your network. This feature also supports both one-time and recurring conferences. For more information, be sure to give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"