In the year 2014, owning a business but not having a company website simply doesn’t make any sense. We live in the digital era. And whether we like it or not, the majority of consumers out there tend to go online to surf for businesses within the industries that interest them. Often, before visiting a physical location, a person will “browse” online to check out a company’s inventory and prices to compare them to the competition.
So let’s suppose you do have a website. Excellent. That’s a great start. But just having a website isn’t exactly going to cut it either. When you don’t keep your website regularly updated, it’s no different than having a car that you don’t service. Your car is bound to break down and stop working for you. And the same thing goes for your website.
Here are five benefits to updating your website:
1. It helps for search engines to find you. Why do you think we blog so regularly? Sure, we enjoy blogging and love keeping our website visitors informed and intrigued with useful content. But it’s also because the more content that exists on our website, the more keywords that will get picked up by search engines. The more search engines that pick us up, the more chances we have of welcoming new visitors to our site, increasing our potential to grow our customer base.
2. It encourages visitors to come back. Indulge us, if you will. Think about your website like a television show. Would you keep watching it if the exact same episode was aired every single time the show was being broadcast? Of course not. You expect a new episode with each airing. Well, if your website never provides anything new to its visitors, why would they return? Give people an incentive to keep coming back.
3. It shows that things are happening with your brand. What would you think if you visited a website and saw that its last blog was posted a month ago? Would it not give you the impression that not much has happened since then? Your website visitors need to know that you have not only not gone out of business, but that business is booming. In today’s digital era, people are getting hit with new information every second. Don’t get lost in the sauce by letting your content get stale.
4. It encourages links to your website. Our digital era comes complete with social media. People love to enter into discussions and debates online and are often quick to post links to websites, videos and pictures on their profiles. When your website includes interesting content, it encourages others to talk about it, and even better, post a link to your website on their Facebook and Twitter pages. There are few better ways to have the word spread about your business these days than to be part of a discussion on social media.
5. It meets the demands of your client base. As technology continues to advance, there becomes newer ways to consume information. As we all know, most people browse the internet on their smartphones. If your website is not mobile-friendly, it will certainly lose out on having people gain interest in it. As time passes, your website must adapt to the changing times. It’s your job to discover ways to continually improve it.
It is not your job, however, to update your website all by yourself. Such a task should definitely be left up to the experts. Lucky for you, MeloTel employs such experts. Our Bloggers For Hire team is made up of the most clever and articulate writers available anywhere. If your site needs relevant and interesting content, they’re the right choice. As well, our Web Design Services and Affordable Website Maintenance Plans are designed to have your company website kept in tip-top shape without exceeding your budget.
For more information, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL.
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"