This holiday season, you’ll have ample opportunities to strengthen your customer relationships. Chances are, you’ll be receiving more visits to your place of business than usual. With the holiday shopping season comes more instances when you’ll be servicing customers that you could make impressions on that will help for even longer lasting relationships. But the holiday season doesn’t necessarily mean heavier traffic for all business types.
Many businesses that function in service industries – our very own, for example – may experience just about the same or maybe even less traffic during the holiday season. After all, not all companies sell products that are widely sought-after as Christmas gifts. So how can such companies not completely lose the attention of their client base? At MeloTel, we’ve always found that staying busy online is a key ingredient to success.
And what is one of the best ways to keep yourself active online? Well, that would be blogging, of course! The benefits to blogging are seemingly endless. However, when the holidays arrive, you are given even more reasons to update your website’s content. Updating your site with holiday-themed content is a great way to attract online visitors. Here are five benefits to blogging about the holidays.
1. It provides your readers with greater value. One of the best things about blogging is that the content doesn’t have to necessarily be tied in directly to your business. By offering up ideas to shoppers on how their shopping excursions can be made easier, you attract interest from a wider range of readers. Naturally, you may want to include ways that your company can make for better holiday shopping experiences. Blogging about your ideas is sure to attract some eyes.
2. It makes better use of your time. Do you own a business that experiences somewhat of a lull during the holiday season? If so, blogging will be a better use of your time than grabbing yet another mug of egg nog. When you add content to your site, you give it more opportunities to be picked up by search engines. Again, holiday blogging will broaden the content you make available, so your extra free time could end up earning you extra customers.
3. It spreads holiday cheer. Sometimes the best thing you can do for your company is to simply let its customers know that you appreciate them. Simple things like saying “thank you” or offering an additional helping hand – walking a large product to a customer’s car, for example – can really go a long way in showing the “personal side” of your brand. In much the same way, the cheerfulness of your holiday blogs can make for great impressions.
4. It widens your customer base by acknowledging certain holidays. Sometimes, many of us forget that the holiday season isn’t about Christmas alone. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and even New Year’s Eve are other special occasions that can be mentioned in your blogs. Doing so will help to reflect your respect for diversity and invite a broader range of potential clients to your brand. As always, blogging is a great way to share your world view.
5. It’s easy to get started. Okay, so maybe you won’t have much extra time on your hands this holiday season. And perhaps, you don’t see yourself as much of a writer. If either of the above is the case, MeloTel has got you covered. Our amazingly talented team of writers from our Bloggers For Hire staff has been adding interesting and informative content to company websites all over Canada for years!
For more information on how we can begin blogging for you, simply call us at 1-888-MELOTEL today!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"