Voice over Internet Protocol. It’s a term that many Canadians have heard of but still may be unclear as to exactly what it is. To put it simply, VoIP uses the internet to connect callers instead of traditional phone lines. But why would that be necessary? What are the benefits to using VoIP instead of the age-old landlines? MeloTel customers are well aware that there are many advantages to using our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services.
Here are five:
1. It’s a money saver. Sometimes, it’s just worth pointing out the most intriguing benefit first. Arguably, there are few to no things more important to the average business owner than a solution that saves money. And when you’re doing away with long distance bills, that’s exactly what you’re doing. Our VoIP phone services offer unlimited calling to more than 22 countries. Using the “cloud” instead of a landline helps to significantly save on calling costs.
2. Superior voice quality. Bad connections, dropped calls and static on the line are commonplace with traditional phone lines. Not so much when it comes to VoIP. The voice quality of this source of communication is known to be significantly higher than what was once considered the norm. If you’re looking for crystal clear modes of communication, you could do a lot worse than to make the switch to VoIP.
3. It offers a wide variety of options. With MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services, there are numerous add-ons that can be enjoyed. They include Call Waiting, Caller ID, Conference Calling, Call Transfer, Voicemail to your Email, Incoming Call Routing, Custom Hold Music and Out of Office Options. These all work to help manage your business phone calls more effectively.
4. No major set ups are required. Aside from the phones themselves, there is no equipment set up necessary when making the switch to VoIP. All you need is a high speed internet connection. In other words, you can do away with cumbersome cables and wires. VoIP only needs a high bandwidth quality and quality hardware to function optimally. This helps to avoid the majority of technical difficulties that come with traditional phone lines.
5. It helps you to be more accessible. As we’ve often pointed out, being accessible to customers is incredibly important in this day and age. People generally expect the things they want to be received right away. When it comes to customer service, this is especially true. This includes being readily available even outside of business hours. As well, being available when you’re not in your office is another important aspect of conducting business successfully in 2016.
This is where features, such as Single Number Reach, come in handy. Last week, our blog highlighted the incredible benefits that come with this service. It allows you to forward your local business number to up to five different devices that will ring simultaneously when it is called. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“The transition to MeloTel has been exceptional on a number of levels. Cost savings of more than 50% compared to our old traditional multi-line system is a welcome benefit, but the service and features are what we are most pleased with. MeloTel gives us the capability to enhance our service to clients with features like “Find Me-Follow Me” which allows us to answer our main office lines from anywhere, at any time with our smart phones or soft phones. READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"