It has just come to our attention that there are numerous security vulnerabilities stemming from Microsoft Outlook 2007. Many people, for both personal and business reasons, utilize the Outlook 2007 platform to receive and compose emails on a daily basis. However, in light of the information recently shared by CVE Details, MeloTel strongly suggests that all users protect their sensitive emails, calendars and contacts by removing Outlook 2007 from their PCs immediately.
1. A remote code execution vulnerability exists in the way Microsoft Outlook software parses specially crafted email messages. This is also known as “Microsoft Office Outlook Memory Corruption Vulnerability”.
2. A security feature bypass vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office software when it improperly handles the parsing of file formats. This is also known as “Microsoft Office Outlook Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability”.
3. Double free vulnerability in Microsoft Outlook 2007 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by including many nested S/MIME certificates in an e-mail message. This is also known as “Message Certificate Vulnerability”.
4. Microsoft Excel 2007 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (memory corruption) via a crafted document. This is also known as “Microsoft Office Memory Corruption Vulnerability”.
5. Microsoft Outlook 2007 does not properly expand metadata contained in S/MIME certificates, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive network configuration and state information via a crafted certificate in an e-mail message. This is also known as “S/MIME AIA Vulnerability”.
6. Microsoft Outlook 2007 allows remote attackers to bypass the Office Protected View via a specially crafted document. This is also known as “Microsoft Office Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability”.
7. Microsoft Outlook 2007, as packaged in Microsoft Office, allows a remote code execution vulnerability due to the way Microsoft Outlook parses specially crafted email messages. This is also known as “Microsoft Office Outlook Memory Corruption Vulnerability”.
8. Microsoft Outlook 2007, as packaged in Microsoft Office, allows a security feature bypass vulnerability due to the way that it handles input. This is also known as “Microsoft Office Outlook Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability”.
9. Microsoft Outlook 2007, as packaged in Microsoft Office, allows an information disclosure vulnerability due to the way that it discloses the contents of its memory. This is also known as “Microsoft Office Outlook Information Disclosure Vulnerability”.
10. Microsoft Outlook 2007 for Mac does not properly implement RFC 2046, which allows remote attackers to bypass virus or spam detection via crafted MIME data in an e-mail attachment. This is also known as “Microsoft Office Spoofing Vulnerability”.
11. Microsoft Outlook 2007 allows a remote code execution vulnerability due to the way email messages are parsed. This is also known as “Microsoft Outlook Remote Code Execution Vulnerability”.
12. There are much better options than Microsoft Outlook 2007. You can install Microsoft’s Office 365 for under $13.00 a month for up to five different PCs. “Office 365 is built for your business,” explains their website, “It’s the Office you know, plus tools to help you work better together, so you can get more done — anytime, anywhere.”
As a result of these overwhelming vulnerabilities, MeloTel will no longer support our email solutions distributed on Microsoft Outlook 2007. If you have any questions about how you can upgrade your software, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the Live Chat feature on our website!
“Imprezzio Marketing has been with MeloTel for 4 years and their service has been outstanding over the years. Their customer support team is always extremely helpful and always responds and resolves any issues that we have. Thank you MeloTel for providing us with such great service. READ MORE"
“When TK Enterprises found MeloTel 2 years ago, it was in a crisis situation. Our previous VoIP provider had left us in the lurch and within days, MeloTel had us back up and running and we’ve never looked back since. We started with VoIP services and have worked with them to bring our company’s technology levels up to be more cutting edge and competitive while reducing costs and mitigating risk the entire time. READ MORE"
“Benjamin Verde Incorporated has been a loyal MeloTel customer since 2013. We are able to provide a variety of Artist and Entertainment related solutions such as Web Hosting, Artist Marketing and Artist Funding to clients across Canada. By utilizing MeloTel’s robust products and services our agents are able to provide fast and efficient customer care to various radio stations, record companies, independent artist as well as popular international brands via Benjamin Verde’s VXCO.net portal. READ MORE"
“As the leaders in promotional advertising with over 25 years experience we strive to satisfy all of our clients’ needs when it comes to marketing them and their businesses. We go over and above to make sure that all of their advertising demands are met with no exceptions. MeloTel and Synergy have been in business together since providing exceptional VoIP and technical services. READ MORE"
“I have been a MeloTel customer since 2009 and wanted to tell you how much my whole office appreciates your services. Life becomes a lot easier when someone is there to help when we need it. That kind of service is why we will remain a loyal customer for many years to come. Thank you! READ MORE"
“Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute is a plastic surgery clinic, located in downtown Toronto. On site we have a fully functional, state of the art surgical facility. MeloTel assisted us when we went paperless a couple years ago in replacing and restructuring our computer hardware and network. They have been providing us with IT support ever since. Whether it be remote sessions that are required, or on site visits, the service MeloTel provides is always quick and efficient. READ MORE"
“Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) is a North American based, white labelled outsourced help desk provider that partners with major ISPs, eLearning Support Providers and mid-market IT Service Providers. With MeloTel’s telephone infrastructure services GMS is able to provide support for over 8,000 technical support interactions per month! GMS has been relying on MeloTel’s expertise and professional support services since 2010. READ MORE"