At MeloTel, we are firm believers in email newsletter marketing. We generally send out a new newsletter each week. But it’s important to us that those who receive our newsletters are willing to accept them. Our mailing list subscribers always have the option of opting in or out of receiving our newsletters. It’s important, of course, to not make any of our newsletter recipients feel as if they are receiving spam.
It’s important for business owners to share this attitude all over Canada. After all, no one likes spam. And, for many people, spam is quite the nuisance. Ironically, business owners are often inundated with more spam than the average person. People are always interested in advertising to business owners, but how do such advertisers even get their lists of business owner email addresses?
The answer is hard to determine. But one thing is for sure. There is a way to deal with spam so that it doesn’t remain the nuisance that it usually is. Are you having trouble controlling the amount of spam that enters your email inbox? If so, there are certainly some things you can do to lessen or diminish it. In today’s blog, we’ll go over five key ways to prevent spam from filling your inbox.
1. Don’t enter. Entering contests and applying for special discounts and deals can be very tempting. But, as you may know, they often require email addresses in order for your entry to go through. Resist the temptation to provide your email address as much as possible and you’ll find that you’ll receive less spam over time. If you simply must enter such contests, you may want to pay close attention to the next tip.
2. Sign up with an alternate address. Do you ever wonder how certain unsavoury advertisers get your email address to begin with? Well, perhaps it all comes down to the various websites that you may be entering your email address in. As mentioned, when we complete surveys, enter contests or sign up for discounts, submitting an email address is required. Create an alternate address strictly for this purpose so that your “real” email address goes unbothered by spam.
3. Unsubscribe. A tedious job, we know. But most email messages that are sent as advertisements should contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from the emailing lists they are sent to. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the email for the instructions. If there are no instructions, try replying to the message with the word “unsubscribe” in both the subject heading and body of the email.
4. Delete, delete, delete. Okay, so this method doesn’t exactly prevent spam from entering your email inbox. And yes, it can be an annoying practice to undertake every day. But sometimes, when it’s all you have left, simply click delete on unwanted messages and try not to let the annoyance get to you. Admittedly, this step is time consuming and generally considered wasteful. That’s why we feel our next tip is the most effective.
5. Get MeloTel SpamTitan. When all else fails, it’s definitely time to contact MeloTel. For only $2.00 per month per email account, MeloTel SpamTitan provides a highly effective anti-spam protection program that removes over 99% of the spam that fills your inbox. It is heralded as an ideal spam blocker as it uses the highly-touted technologies to provide a solution that is easily setup, easily managed and highly secure for your email.
For more information on MeloTel SpamTitan, please call 1-888-MELOTEL!