Since we are in the last week of July, this is probably a good time to remind you to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey in order to be eligible to win this month’s $100.00 cash giveaway. As part of our commitment to providing the best customer service in our industry, MeloTel has been giving away $100.00 per month since the beginning of 2015. The filling out of the survey only takes a few minutes, but the information it has given us will last a lifetime!
The way we see it, improving our customer service practices (in addition to throwing some cash the way of a few lucky clients) has helped MeloTel to gain the reputation it has as a “people’s company”. It means a lot to us that we are able to make significant changes for the better in the lives of our customers. When you give a little bit of love, you tend to get a lot back! This is the nature of the relationships we feel we have with our clients.
Here are five ways to get love from your customers:
1. Get to know them as people. At MeloTel, we don’t just see our customers as customers. They’re real people with real feelings. And we do our best to acknowledge them. Many of the conversations we’ve had with clients haven’t always been 100% business-related. Getting to know our customers as people has helped us to better understand their needs. This brings us to our next method of getting customer love.
2. Speak to their needs. Some business owners get caught up in how much they love their own products and services that they forget how to relay those feelings to their customers. It’s important to highlight the ways in which your company can satisfy its client base in ways that other companies cannot. Knowing the needs of your customers will help you to become a great problem solver for them. And they’ll love you for it!
3. Handle complaints as you would compliments. This method may sound easier said than done. It’s easy to be happy when your customer is happy. But when your customer is unhappy, it’s important to remember that you are being presented with an opportunity to secure a loyal customer for life. How you handle complaints makes all the difference in the world to customers. Having a positive attitude during all of your interactions will make quite the impressions.
4. Make memorable first impressions. Speaking of those impressions, it’s always important to remember that you only get one chance to make a good first one. A couple of weeks ago, we blogged about the fact that when you’re dealing with customers over the phone or via email, it’s important to be mindful about how they will interpret what you say. Be sure to put in concerted efforts to “wow” your customers the first time you interact with them.
5. Measure your success. At MeloTel, we’ve done the best we can to take all of the advice that has been doled out in today’s blog. But none of it would be of any consequence if we weren’t accepting of the feedback that we’ve received from our Customer Satisfaction Survey. We’re elated to discover that we’ve been doing a great job. But we’re also happy to have received tips on how we can improve. And our customers love that!
Listening to constructive criticism and implementing changes is arguably the best way to improve customer service and get customer love. After all, no one knows better than your customers about how your customers should be treated. At MeloTel, we’d only be too happy to hear your feedback. Be sure to fill out our Customer Satisfaction Survey and don’t be afraid to be honest. You may find yourself $100.00 richer by next week!
For any questions, give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL!