With Valentine’s Day coming tomorrow, couples everywhere are preparing to lavish each other with gifts and nights of passion. And those of us are single will be angrily proclaiming that Valentine’s Day is a big joke. Ah…it’s a great yearly tradition! There is, however, another love connection that needs to be acknowledged. As a business owner, there isn’t just one day of the year that you should be showing your customers love. It’s a year-round duty.
At MeloTel, we do our best to come up with new and inventive ways to show our customers love by rewarding them for their loyalty. Our recently introduced Customer Satisfaction Survey is just one example. As you may already know, each month in 2015, we will be giving away $100.00 to one lucky MeloTel client who takes the time to fill out our short survey. The love doesn’t just come by way of the money. We’re also intent on making our customer service the best around!
What ways are you showing love to your customers? Can they depend on you the way they would expect to depend on their loved ones? Communication, as we all know, is one of the biggest factors that contribute to a healthy relationship. This is why we, at MeloTel, focus so strongly on communicating with our customers on a regular basis. Here are five ideas for how you can communicate your love for your customers.
1. Send out newsletters. Sending your customers regular emails isn’t just about marketing your products and services. Your newsletters should represent your attempts to keep your subscribed clients in the loop about all that’s going on with your business. It should be more about communicating than advertising. Give your customers exclusive insight and invite their responses to show them that what they feel and what they have to say matters to you. At MeloTel, we send out a new email newsletter each week.
2. Be active on social media. Communicating your love to customers involves taking an interest in their lives. When on Facebook, for example, don’t be afraid to click “like” on posts and comment upon the ones you find most interesting. Remember that each comment provides a link back to your profile. MeloTel’s President John Meloche is quite active on Facebook. His regular interaction with friends and colleagues helps to give our brand the personal touch it has become known for.
3. Create partnerships. Are any of your clients business owners? At MeloTel, we have the privilege of working with entrepreneurs all over Canada. As a result, we have made many relationships that have developed into partnerships. Not only do we exchange services with some of our clients, but we happily promote them whenever we get the chance. Our “Client Spotlight” series of blogs represent one example of how partnering up with other businesses is a great way to spread the love.
4. Offer loyalty programs. Is there any better way for a customer to show you love than to continually support your brand? The way we see it, loyal customers need to know that they are loved right back! Perhaps you can offer a loyalty program of some kind that offers your customers points for every purchase they make. You can also offer bonuses or discounts for those that refer you to others. After all, there’s no greater way to say “I love this company” than to recommend it to someone else.
5. Provide extras. Sometimes, the best way to show your customers love is to go over and above the call of duty. Offer to walk products out to their cars. Put a little something extra in their shopping bags when they’re at the checkout. Small “thank yous” here and there can go a long way. And remember, it shouldn’t take Valentine’s Day for you to remember to show a little love to those who support your brand. Loving your customers is a part of your job – each and every day of the year!
To get a little of MeloTel’s brand of love, give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL! And Happy Valentine’s Day!