MeloTel’s Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire compose a variety of blogs for business websites all over North America on a daily basis. That’s a lot of writing! You may wonder how, exactly, they’re able to come up with topics to write about each day. Well, in some cases, our awesome clients provide the blog content for our team. By regularly sending through ideas and concepts for blogs, our writers are given excellent guidance for their work.
In other cases, business owners allow our writers free reign to decide upon whatever topic they wish to write on – as long as it is relevant to the business. Relevancy is probably the list-topper when it comes to ways to choose the right topic to blog about. Naturally, a company that sells furniture isn’t going to post any blogs about the most popular ice cream flavours in Canada. But what else should go into blog topic selection?
Here are five suggestions:
1. Get to know what makes your audience tick. If you’re the owner of an electronics store, chances are that you encounter tech-savvy individuals on a regular basis. Your website’s blog should speak to their interests. And you should know their interests simply by engaging in conversations with them each time you get the opportunity. That way, you’ll be a lot more likely to have people who fit into your customer base read your blog.
2. Keep up with current events. It’s no secret that social media is often utilized to keep people abreast of everything going on in the news and in popular culture. If you’re able to tailor your blog so that it incorporates bits and pieces of newsworthy stories, you’ll be a lot more likely to attract curious readers. This will especially help you to garner interest on social media as your blog will be part of trending topics. Be sure to include appropriate hashtags when posting links!
3. See what other bloggers are writing about. Let’s make one thing clear. Don’t plagiarize. Never take someone else’s written words and pass them off as your own. If you’re going to reference the work of another blogger, be sure to give that writer credit. In fact, it’s wise to post a link to any blog you’ve quoted. By writing on topics that other bloggers are writing about, you’ll put your blog in a position to get more widely noticed in search engines. Just be original!
4. Write about what you know. Don’t attempt to be an expert in a field that you are not. Experts in that field will be able to tell. There’s nothing wrong, however, with researching particular topics, concepts and fields of study to ensure that you have a good grasp on the content. In fact, the members of our blogging team do this on a regular basis to ensure that their blogs are factual and appropriate for each of their clients. Blogs are meant to communicate your expertise.
5. Maintain a focus. Your blog should be known for its ability to centre in on select topics that your company is known for. When your blog begins to incorporate posts that are too distanced from your industry, it will appear less relevant. The key is to keep your readers coming back. This is why it’s often a good idea to write two-part blogs that require repeat visits to your website.
Most North American business owners are too busy to write blogs themselves. This is where our incredibly talented Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire can help you. Let our team start writing for your company website! For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!