With VoIP technology, North American business owners have been able to change the ways they do business. Many entrepreneurs have taken their businesses on the road thanks to the ease that VoIP telephony provides them. Being mobile is just one of the fantastic ways that VoIP helps you to change your business. By using the internet instead of traditional landlines, people can make and take phone calls anywhere they have a Wi-Fi connection!
Essentially, VoIP makes it just as easy to do business in a hotel room, by the pool or lying in bed at home as it is in a standard office. But mobility isn’t the only benefit provided by VoIP. Making the switch to VoIP provides business owners with a variety of calling features that were once unheard of. By making use of these features, they each have the ability to change their businesses for the better.
Here are five VoIP calling features that can change your business:
1. Incoming call routing. This awesome feature helps for your important clients and colleagues to track you down no matter where you are. Instead of sending a call directly to voicemail if you don’t pick up your standard phone, incoming call routing will route the call to a list of your other phone numbers in an attempt to get you on the line. Once the list of numbers is exhausted, the call will get sent to voicemail.
2. Voicemail to your email. This feature takes your once-standard voicemails and turns them into mp3 files. The files are automatically sent to your email inbox so that you can maintain a collection of your missed calls. By having mp3s emailed to you, you are provided with a great way to file, organize, search for and delete your voicemails. Gone are the days when you had to sift through numerous messages using only your telephone.
3. Custom hold music. This feature is not to be underestimated. In fact, hold music is practically a necessity if you don’t want a large number of hang ups. It assures your caller that he/she has not been disconnected from the line. Custom hold music, however, is so much better than standard, generic hold music. With this feature, you can choose exactly what you want your callers to listen to while they hold – this can include personally-created ad campaigns.
4. Caller ID. This is another feature that shouldn’t be underestimated. With Caller ID, you have the ability to not just screen your calls, but decide where they are sent. For example, you can choose to have personal calls go to your cell phone while unknown callers can be routed to your answering service. Caller ID helps you to have more productive days as you can prioritize which calls to take immediately and which ones to get back to later in the day.
5. Conferencing. Call conferencing is a great way to unite a variety of individuals from various locations into one phone meeting. It saves a ton of money on travel and clearly gives business owners the opportunity to take care of business in a way that tackles numerous points of interest in one fell swoop. This feature also ensures privacy by giving each participant specific login information so that only specific invitees take part in important conversations.
All of the above mentioned VoIP calling features are included as part of MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services. Each of them has the ability to change your business by making it a lot easier for customers to work with. For more information about any and all of our business-changing services, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!