Your company is only as strong as the employees who work for it. That statement rings true for each and every one of your customers. Because when they call your business, looking for assistance, they immediately associate the representatives on the phone with what your brand is all about. If they receive excellent customer service, your business looks good. If they are disappointed with their interactions, your entire brand gets a bad name.
This is why providing feedback is so integral to the overall success of your company. Letting your employees know what they could be doing to improve is a very important part of developing and maintaining an excellent rapport with your customer base. Remember, as well, that it’s equally important to inform your staff members of what they’re doing well. Boosting employee morale by regularly showing your appreciation plays a huge role in their success.
Do you see how important it is to provide your employees with feedback? Here are five top benefits:
1. It improves overall performance. The first and most obvious point is that your feedback helps your team members to do their jobs better. Sometimes, even the tiniest bit of advice can make the biggest difference. The key, of course, is to ensure that each of your staff members have the tools to adequately represent your brand to all customers they come into contact with. Don’t take for granted that everyone is performing at their best. Your feedback is always needed.
2. It promotes personal growth. It needs to be reiterated that the word “feedback” shouldn’t be automatically associated with “negative criticism”. It’s just as important to provide positive feedback as it is to provide performance-enhancing advice. When you inform your staff members of the great jobs they’re doing, it encourages them work even harder, so that they may move up in your company. Those who care the most about their jobs often do their jobs the best!
3. It retains your customer base. Half the battle, when it comes to customer satisfaction, is resolving major issues. Calming down an irate customer isn’t always that easy. But the more you’re able to impart to your staff about methods of retaining angry customers, the better your business will succeed. When a customer is angry, it presents an opportunity for your business to make a really good impression. Your feedback will help your staff see things this way, as opposed to reacting with frustration.
4. It retains your employees as well. All business owners know that it is an arduous and expensive process to have to recruit new talent. No one likes having their staffs turn over on a regular basis. You can certainly do a lot to encourage employee loyalty by letting them know how important they are to your brand. Always remember that positive feedback is just as necessary as constructive criticism.
5. It boosts sales. At the end of the day, all businesses are interested in increasing their profits. The happier and more informed your staff members are, the better they will be able to serve your customers. The happier your customers are made, the more likely they will be to make purchases from you and even recommend your business to others. Consider each piece of feedback you give a step closer to another sale!
At MeloTel, we equip our customers with the perfect tool for providing feedback. It’s known as the Monitor/Whisper Control Panel. It allows you to listen in to your phone agents’ calls undetected, while also enabling you to whisper information to them without customers hearing you. You may even jump in on the calls to take them over when absolutely necessary.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!