Welcome to Cyber Monday! Today represents the online equivalent of Black Friday. Business websites everywhere are offering significant discounts on products that are purchased online. And, as a result, today marks the largest sales day of the year for companies who have invested in e-commerce solutions. Cyber Monday is a huge reminder for how popular online shopping has become.
Cyber Monday is also a huge reminder about how important it is to keep your company website regularly updated. Even if you haven’t yet gone the way of offering your customers the ability to make purchases on your website, you’ll still want to ensure that it is a go-to destination for anyone who is interested in what your company has to offer. If you haven’t yet taken to regular website updating, today should be a reminder that you should begin right away.
In fact, here are five reminders why your website needs regular updates:
1. You need to attract more visitors. Naturally, it’s imperative that you have a company website. But, honestly, what good is it to have a website if no one knows that it exists? With regular updates, your site increases its chances of getting picked up by search engines. Google looks favourably upon sites that often add new content. It helps for online users to better locate your website during their Google searches.
2. You need to convert more visitors into customers. Of course, it’s great to increase traffic to your site. But how many of your visitors are calling your company up to inquire about what it has to offer? How many of those callers are being converted into customers? The more you update your site, the more reasons you give visitors to return to it. Increasing interest in your brand naturally leads to gaining it more customers.
3. Your website isn’t mobile friendly. It’s important that we remind you about the many different ways that people peruse the internet. Handheld devices just so happen to be among the most popular these days. People who use smartphones and tablets (and that’s a lot of us!) enjoy browsing the internet on a regular basis. It’s important that your company website is compatible with those devices to make for easy navigation and user-friendliness.
4. Your website has no links to social media. In case you weren’t yet aware, having active social media accounts is every bit as important as having your website. In fact, your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages will often be the reasons that people even know you have a website. Without regular links being posted to each of your accounts, your website will be harder to find. The same principle works vice versa. It’s important to have your social media links on your site.
5. Your competitors have better websites. This is something you definitely don’t want. Keep in mind that company websites are often sources of first impressions. If your competitors have better websites than you do, you’re toast – figuratively speaking, of course. Updating your site will show your target audience that your brand is a leader in its industry. Remember that your site is where most will judge the status of your brand.
At MeloTel, we offer Website Maintenance Services that will take care of the website updates necessary to keep it at its productive best. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the Live Chat feature on our website!