If you’re still using traditional landlines at your business, it’s quite possible that you’re not fully aware of all of the magnificent benefits that VoIP technology can bring you. And while the MeloTel Blog has remained focused on providing you with ample information about this fascinating innovation throughout the years, we feel that it’s time for a bit of a refresher on why you should make the switch to VoIP today!
Here are five reminders:
1. VoIP will save you money. There’s a reason why we’ve gone ahead and placed this at the top of our list. It’s usually the thing that catches eyes the quickest. And it’s true. VoIP telephony gives you the ability to make unlimited calls to countries around the world. Gone are the long distance charges that came with traditional phone bills. In addition, MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services come with FREE Polycom phones for as long as you’re a customer!
2. VoIP is easy to install. With this great technology, you don’t require a lot of hardware and extensive wiring. All that is necessary is your IP phones and an internet connection. In fact, many users simply connect headsets to their laptop computers. Of course, for those running large offices filled with customer service representatives, more hardware is required. But even those with limited technical skills can set up work stations quickly and easily!
3. VoIP is easy to scale up or down. Without the worry for adding numerous phone lines to satisfy the needs of all of your employees, VoIP allows you to add and subtract extensions with ease. It is easy to add lines for new employees or remove them once they leave your company. You may also reassign them, if you choose. With VoIP, you will always have the appropriate number of phone lines available for your staff.
4. VoIP comes with a wide range of calling features. Just to name a few, you’ll get call waiting, caller ID, conference calling, call transfers, voicemail to your email, incoming call routing, custom hold music and out of office options. You won’t lose any benefits that you got with your traditional landlines, but you’ll enjoy many more that you didn’t get before. Single Number Reach is just one of the best, as it allows you to forward your business number to up to five different devices that will ring simultaneously when it’s called!
5. VoIP still supports older technology. There are still many companies out there that send faxes on a daily basis. No problem there. VoIP faxing is a feature that allows you to send and receive faxes without having to worry about paper, ink or even a big, bulky machine. All you need is the email account that you’re already using as part of your hosted services!
At MeloTel, we are dedicated to providing our hosted services to small and medium-sized businesses all across North America so that they may enjoy Fortune 500 communication products and services at incredibly low costs. We specialize in helping companies make the transition from their traditional telephone systems to our robust and feature-filled cloud-based solution. We’re confident that you’ll find us to be a much better alternative than your previous provider.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!