You’re a business owner, not a radio talk show host. At least, that’s what you keep telling yourself. Sort of. But think about it. By owning your own business, doesn’t that make you more of an expert on your brand than anyone else? Who better to talk about what your company provides? Who better to discuss the benefits of working with your brand? And what better way to communicate that than on the radio?
Specifically, internet radio is a worldwide phenomenon. Literally. No longer are we bound by the frequencies that keep local radio stations broadcasting only within a certain area. When radio broadcasters go behind their microphones, they are now communicating with the world. Now, that’s a pretty big audience! Wouldn’t you like to be able to maximize the reach of your business in much the same way? Here are five reasons to begin your own internet radio talk show.
1. You can discuss what you care about. It’s one thing to send out tweets and post Facebook statuses about your opinions. It’s another thing to be given the freedom to speak about important issues that are affecting your industry. Perhaps, your internet show doesn’t even have to be directly related to your business. As long as it’s a forum to get things off your chest, it will be a cathartic experience that will gain you more interest.
2. You can give your brand a personal touch. Today, we have access to everything. If you want to watch a movie, a theatre is no longer necessary (although the experience can’t be matched). People go online for just about everything. And, as a result, your show can give your buying audience access to you in ways never before thought of. When you add that personal touch to your brand, you give it a greater chance of gaining true fans.
3. You can have fun! Let’s face it. When you’re the host, you’re the boss. You’re already the boss, anyway. Who says you can’t let loose in ways that you enjoy? Make your online radio show one that allows you to touch upon topics of interest to all people. The Stanley Cup and NBA playoffs are two current topics of interest that are bound to get attention if you speak about them. Get people listening and you’ll have more fun than you ever expected.
4. You can show off your expertise. This is one of the most important reasons to start your own broadcast. Prove that you’re an expert in your field by hosting segments that educate your listeners about various products, services and features of your brand that are relevant in your industry. Impress your listeners and you’re bound to gain a significant amount of new customers.
5. You can earn more income. If your talk show takes off, you can begin to sell advertising space on it. Use your program to cross-promote with other brands and the next thing you know, you’ll have a team of business owners working to spread the word about your business. Your show gives you an excellent platform to earn additional income by working with other businesses who want in on the fun.
Starting your own radio show is nowhere near impossible. In fact, it’s quite a lot easier than you may think! MeloTel offers an incredible feature known as SHOUTcast Hosting. It is a streaming server that allows you to effectively broadcast audio online. Learn more about this awesome feature by giving us a call today! As always, we can be reached by dialing 1-888-MELOTEL.