As a business owner, you’ve undoubtedly undertaken a number of steps to ensure your customer base that you can be relied on. Clearly, you want your business to be considered a reputable one. To secure a growing client base, consumers must have faith that you represent a company that is trustworthy and dependable. So, naturally, you’ve taken a number of steps to prove that that is exactly the case.
Or have you? You can have the world’s greatest products and services, but without a top-notch customer service regimen, it’s tough to keep your clients happy. And one of the simplest things that a business owner can do to guarantee that happiness is to return phone calls. Yes, it sounds like a no-brainer piece of advice. But you may be surprised to know how many of MeloTel’s clients have told us that unreturned phone calls lead them to leave their previous providers.
“It’s disrespectful,” commented one of our colleagues on this matter recently, “When I leave a message with a company, I expect it to be returned, at least within 24 hours. When I don’t hear back, it shows me that they don’t really appreciate my business. So why should I give it to them?” In today’s blog, we’ll detail five of the most important reasons that you need to make sure you always return your phone calls.
1. It strengthens relationships. As our colleague pointed out, it’s important to show your customers that you appreciate their business. And as we’ve commented many times on the MeloTel Blog, building strong customer relationships is a huge part of achieving professional success. Think about how your closest friends would react if you didn’t return their calls. Making sure you call back your customers shows them that you care about them.
2. Your callers have other options. No matter how confident you are about the prowess of your brand, your customers have the option to choose your competition over you. Remember that for every phone call that you forget to return, there is another company out there who will respond. Don’t allow your customers to think that they would be better served calling someone else. When you fail to return calls, you lose opportunities.
3. It shows professionalism. It should go without saying that returning phone calls is the right thing to do. Obviously, when you neglect to return calls or take too long to get back to those who have left messages for you, it shows a lack of professionalism. Your expeditious call backs show that you take your business seriously. It says that you believe in the importance of providing high-quality service, so returning phone calls is always your top priority.
4. It reveals that you value others. Business owners often get wrapped up in their day-to-day tasks. They have a lot on their plates and are understandably very busy. If this sounds like you, don’t worry, you’re not alone! Just because you’re busy, it doesn’t mean that you don’t value the time of others. And you certainly don’t want your customers to have this impression of you. Always make time to show them that you value their business.
5. It encourages referrals. There’s nothing better than word-of-mouth promotion. We’ve made this comment in many a blog. Arguably, there is no better way to encourage referrals than to continually prove to your customers that your customer service practices are second to none. Returning phone calls quickly is always looked upon favourably. If you want more people to know how reliable you can be, never leave your customers hanging.
MeloTel offers top-of-the-line Commercial Telephone services to help you return those very important calls. A nationwide leader in the VoIP telecom industry, MeloTel can certainly be relied upon to return your calls. Chances are, you’ll get someone on the phone the first time you call us anyway! Give it a try by dialing 1-888-MELOTEL today!