No matter the type of relationship, trust has got to be at its foundation in order for it to be successful. Consider your own relationships. Do you trust the people that you consider to be closest to you? Sometimes, it’s the smallest things that can make the biggest differences. We’ve said that many times before. Take the returning of a phone call, for instance. It may seem like a simple task, but it is often one that is overlooked.
When you neglect to return phone calls – promptly, by the way – it gives reason for the people awaiting your calls to lose trust in you. Naturally, this is important in the business world. Don’t forget that customers have options. And it is often the businesses that are easiest to get in touch with that make customers the happiest. You won’t always be available to take every phone call. But being sure to return the messages left for you can make or break your business.
Here are five reasons to return every phone call:
1. It will prevent customers from changing their minds. To reiterate, there is a lot of competition out there. You should always feel proud when a customer decides to contact you in order to fulfil a need. However, if a message is left for you and you neglect to return it promptly, you give your caller reason to call elsewhere. The longer you take to return your call, the more likely it is that your caller will have gotten in touch with one of your competitors.
2. It will address immediate concerns. It’s no secret that we’re living in a pretty fast-paced world. People are used to getting what they want when they want. The internet has made it so that information and media content is available within seconds and only with the push of a few buttons. As a business owner, it’s important to keep this in mind when dealing with customers. The majority of them don’t just want great service, they want it quickly!
3. It will inspire customer loyalty. There’s nothing quite like making a great impression on a customer to keep him or her as a loyal supporter of your brand. Bear in mind that this fast-paced, internet-crazed world of ours inhabits a lot of people who like spreading their opinions via social media. When you promptly return phone calls, it exhibits your brand’s dedication to top-notch customer service. Keep it up and the good word will spread!
4. It will prevent you from getting overwhelmed. Those voicemails are bound to accumulate. The longer you wait to return them, the more likely it will be that some will get lost in the shuffle. By making the returning of phone calls part of your daily routine, you will not only avoid the stress that comes with being inundated with messages, but you’ll be able to serve your clients more efficiently. It’s simply good for business…and your stress levels.
5. It will gain you new customers. Consider that not every business owner is bound to follow these steps. Those customers who have been waiting for other businesses to call them back may just be calling you as the alternative to their original choices. Be sure to take advantage of such situations. Show that you’re different from other businesses by always returning calls promptly, thus asserting your position as a trustworthy, customer-focused brand.
At MeloTel, we offer business owners the opportunity to utilize our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services to serve their customers better than ever before. With a wide array of features, our phone services allow you to conduct business in ways you may have previously thought weren’t possible. How so? Give us a call and find out! We doubt you’ll even need to leave a message for a return call. Dial 1-888-MELOTEL!