As we reported in one of our blogs from last week, the CRTC was rolled out a new anti-spam legislation that is attempting to block your email inboxes from receiving an influx of unwanted messages. This, however, doesn’t negate the fact that newsletter marketing is still a very powerful tool. It should be reiterated, however, that seeking and securing permission from members of your emailing list is a mandatory step of the process.
It’s not all that difficult to do, by the way. If you haven’t yet, be sure to send an email to your list to ensure that the people on it are aware that they have the opportunity to opt out if they choose. Make it known that you value their business and to adhere to the CRTC’s new ruling, you will only continue to send emails if they wish to receive them. That said, you can also simply ask for the email addresses of your customers each time you interact with them in person.
At MeloTel, we used to quite enjoy updating our awesome customer base with news, company-related information and other stories through our email newsletters. We haven’t sent one out in a while, so we’re proud to announce that the MeloTel Newsletter will be resurfacing this week! Our weekly newsletter is intended to both inform as well as entertain. There are many reasons why newsletter marketing is so powerful. Here are our top five.
1. They provide a personal touch. Emailing newsletters allows you to share your voice with your customers. Unlike most big-named corporations, small businesses have the unique opportunity to directly communicate with the people who support them. Don’t forget to add personal touches to your emails by commenting upon your personal take on current issues or even offering up personal stories. Consider newsletters a form of social media that is meant to engage an audience.
2. They secure undivided attention. Sometimes conversations get interrupted or cut off completely before they are finished. Television commercials and radio spots can also be ignored. But when an email is sent, it has the chance to be focused on. When a person is reading, he or she can always come back to the written text if an interruption occurs. This makes it more likely for the reader to take action and respond.
3. They make customers feel special. Emailed newsletters are all about giving your loyal customers the “inside scoop”. This is how they should make your readers feel. By getting your company newsletter, your customers should feel that they have been given exclusive information that they can take advantage of. They should also be written in ways that allow your readers to “get to know you”. This helps to shine a more favourable light upon your brand.
4. They remind customers of where to shop. You know the old phrase “out of sight, out of mind”? Well even your most loyal customers are bound to get caught up in all of the other aspects of their lives and forget about you if you don’t provide regular reminders that you exist. Remember that those who receive your newsletters have agreed to do so. So be sure to capture their attention and work towards never letting it go.
5. They can be forwarded. They say that there is nothing better than word-of-mouth promotion. But perhaps there’s no better type of word-of-mouth than a passed along written word. Forwarding an email is so simple to do that when you send your newsletters, you are affording yourself the opportunity for them to be read by more people than you actually sent them to. If you want a fun and easy way to grow the reach of your business, you can do a lot worse than emailed newsletters.
Don’t have the time to compose your company’s newsletters yourself? MeloTel has got you covered! The ultra-talented writers that make up our Bloggers For Hire team can compose the ideal newsletters for your business so that it sees more responses from its customers. This, of course, can turn into greater sales. For more information, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL.