As we highlighted once again in our last blog, MeloTel’s VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services come with a number of amazing features that help you to conduct business better. Among them is Custom Hold Music. But, don’t think for a second that this feature is a frill or a second-rate add on. It’s actually an incredibly important business tool that can help to boost both sales and customer satisfaction.
Here are five reasons you want your callers listening to custom hold music:
1. It showcases your professionalism. Most Canadian consumers are pretty savvy. And they can tell the difference between a successful, reputable brand and a small-time operation. It’s all about the impressions the businesses give off. And when you have callers listening to custom hold music, they can’t help but get the sense that your company is one of higher stature. Keep in mind that your professional image is on the line each time a caller is placed on hold.
2. It helps you to advertise your products and services. The word “custom” is the key word in custom hold music. The feature allows you to create your own recordings so that your callers-on-hold are not subjected to monotonous elevator music while awaiting a live representative to rejoin the line. With your own recordings, you can promote new products and services or advertise upcoming sales, specials and events!
3. It shows respect for your customers. Believe it or not, customers appreciate hold music for the simple fact that it proves you haven’t disconnected the line. How many times have you called up a company and been put “on hold” only to discover you’ve been hung up on. It’s not fun, is it? Neither is sitting there in dead silence wondering if anyone will ever return to the call. Hold music does away with the need to wonder.
4. It can entertain your customers. Many business owners choose to use the music of independent artists or even music they’ve created themselves as the hold music for their businesses. What happens as a result? A lot of questions get asked that help to garner greater communication between businesses and their customers. Questions like “I really like that song, I’ve never heard it before – what is it?” help to spark conversations that can be great for business.
5. It increases customer satisfaction. As if this point wasn’t drilled home already, it’s important to reiterate that no one truly likes waiting. Being placed on hold is a part of customer service that is often necessary, but not always welcomed by the average customer. When a caller is listening to hold music, he/she is often a lot less impatient that he/she would be if there was only silence on the line. This helps for interactions between phone agents and callers to go a lot smoother.
As mentioned earlier, MeloTel’s VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services come with a number of incredible features that greatly assist business owners in providing the types of service that set them apart from their competitors. Custom Hold Music is just one of them. We encourage you to contact us in order to learn of the many others! They include Call Waiting, Caller ID, Conference Calling, Call Transfer, Voicemail to your Email, Incoming Call Routing and Out of Office Options.
For more information about our hosted services and all of the features that come with them, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!