Spam is annoying. But it’s also inevitable. As long as you have an email address, you’re bound to be inundated with unsolicited emails, at some point. It is especially irritating when you’re a busy business owner with many important tasks to attend to during your day. Who wants to have to sift through countless emails that are created for mass marketing purposes and have nothing to do with your business?
What can you do to prevent spam? Here are five things:
1. Don’t reply. Firstly, if you know immediately that the email you’ve received is spam, don’t even bother opening it. Simply delete it right away. Most often, you’ll be able to tell from the subject heading which attempts to get you excited about buying a product. Don’t be surprised to see it written in all capitals or include exclamation points. If you do open the email, don’t reply to it. It will only encourage the sender to keep sending.
2. Don’t click on any links. If you do open your spam emails, you’ll undoubtedly see any number of links. Don’t click on them! By clicking on links, your spammer will basically receive confirmation that your email address is legitimate and this will only encourage more unsolicited messages. Spam emails usually contain a number of links that go to various pages that are part of the spammers’ websites.
3. Unsubscribe. Yes, we know you didn’t subscribe in the first place. And, we also know that some people recommend against clicking on any “unsubscribe” links (after all, we did just advise you NOT to click on any links). However, choosing to be removed from a mailing list usually results in a reduction of spam emails. Besides, by not unsubscribing, you pretty much invite more emails from the same spammers.
4. Don’t use your business email address when signing up for anything. It’s wise to create an email address that you use specifically for signing up for online offers. That way, you can direct any potential spam that occurs, as a result, to the address that you rarely or never use. It will hopefully keep your business email address free from potential spammers that you may pick up through this method.
5. Use MeloTel Spam Portal. To be perfectly honest, all of above mentioned tips are “Band-Aid” remedies that may provide you with some spam relief, but not promise any long-term results. With MeloTel Spam Portal, you’ll be able to take advantage of several technologies that provide a permanent solution. It is the ideal spam blocker for the small to medium organization as it blocks 99.9 percent of all spam!
MeloTel Spam Portal offers the best protection for your email and we have independent comparative tests and awards to prove it. It includes two antivirus products: Kaspersky and Clam AV. Together, they identify and block phishing mail, mail from Botnets, graphic based spam, malicious URLs and implement a host of other security measures to ensure your organization gets the best protection available on the market.
For more information about MeloTel Spam Portal, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the Live Chat feature on our website!