In our last blog, we championed the need to keep a regularly updated blog on your website. Boosting your search engine optimization, growing your brand awareness and proving your level of expertise are all benefits you miss out on if you’re not blogging on a regular basis. A blog is an extremely important element of any business website. Of course, it isn’t the only element that needs constant updating.
A website that isn’t updated on a regular basis gives off the impression that nothing new or special is going on with your business. In fact, when a website remains stagnant, it could even give off the impression that you’ve closed your doors! As you’re likely aware, most consumers flock to the internet in order to research the businesses that they are interested in supporting. If your website doesn’t look like it’s been updated in months, it’s certainly not going to help you.
Here are five major reasons to maintain your company website:
1. Your website often represents your company’s first impression. These days, the first interaction that most people will have with your business is through your website. If it looks like it is being neglected, most visitors won’t return, thereby neglecting you. Your website needs to be functional 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. When your website is down, it’s the equivalent of closing your doors and losing money that could have been made during that time.
2. It keeps customers coming back. Your website should be updated every time your company has something new to offer its customers. And that should be fairly often. Many retailers, for example, promote special sales that change on a weekly basis. Your website should reflect everything that is taking place at your store’s physical location. Customers won’t return to your site if it looks exactly the same every time they visit it.
3. It grows your brand’s reputation. A well-maintained site reflects favourably on your brand. It shows that things are always happening and that you’re committed to meeting the needs of your clients. The way your website looks will determine the opinions that many consumers have of your company. When a website is noticeably outdated, it gives visitors the impression that you don’t care enough to build your brand’s reputation.
4. It encourages in-store visits. One thing that many business websites do is continually add new photos of products. You want your site to be inviting to customers who are thinking about visiting your store location in person. Without regular maintenance, visitors may assume that you have nothing new to sell. If your website provides a “been there, done that” experience, you give people no reason to come to your store more than once.
5. It can be done very easily. MeloTel’s Website Maintenance Services are perfect for the individual or small business that has a small amount of sites in their network. If you can benefit from about two to 15 hours of work each month, our team is the right one for you! We can efficiently complete all of your ongoing web-related tasks that you may not have the time for yourself. After all, you’re a busy business owner with a lot on your plate.
For larger companies, our annual contracts for our Website Maintenance Services work best because they cover a broader spectrum of needs. MeloTel employs a very highly-skilled, competent and dedicated team that strives to offer exceptional service in very quick time frames. As well, we provide the personal attention you deserve at a fraction of the cost of hiring a full time in-house web designer.
For more information, give us a call at 1-888-MELOTEL or press “Click 2 Chat” in the upper right hand corner of our website!