In our last blog, we detailed various traits that a company must possess if it wishes to be recognized as a top-notch over-the-phone customer service provider. We began our last blog, however, mentioning that we live in a digital world where people love using the internet. And, as we’ve mentioned in a number of older blogs, your company’s online presence needs to be a strong one in order to be considered a viable option in today’s business world.
The last thing you want is to lose customers because you either a) have a poor-looking and poor-functioning website or b) you don’t have a company website at all! Regardless of what your current issues may be with your company website (if you have one), MeloTel can help you! Our fantastic Web Design Services team can create the perfect looking and functioning website for your business.
As well our Affordable Website Maintenance Plans can ensure that your site is kept well updated, giving your company the best possible chances to attract new customers online. But before we get started, it’s important that you know about some of the key elements that will make your website great. In today’s blog, we’ll review five ways to ensure that your company website is top-notch.
1. Make sure that it is useful. One thing that you should want all of your customers to say to others when speaking about your business is “you can go to their website for that”. In other words, your company site should not just provide your customers with relevant information about your products and services, your business hours and location and how to contact you. You may also want your website to enable your clients to make purchases directly.
2. Make sure that it is secure. If you’re going to allow your customers to make purchases directly from your website, it pays to guarantee their security. Ask MeloTel about how to obtain a premium SSL certificate that will allow you to encrypt communications between you and your clients. Information such as credit card numbers are often subject to identity theft and your SSL certificate will help to put to rest any fears your customers may have that this will occur.
3. Make sure that it is user friendly. Have you ever been to a website that looks too busy to understand how to navigate through it? You’ll want your website to be easy to use. Ensure that it is clear where visitors can click to get the information that they want. A sleek design will make things easy on those visiting your site. One that looks too confusing is bound to send customers away, never to return again.
4. Make sure that it integrates social media. Your website should provide easy-to-find direct links to your social media pages. If you have accounts with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn or Foursquare, your customers should know how to locate them as soon as they visit your site. Remember that being active on social media is an essential part of growing your business these days.
5. Make sure that it is mobile compatible. Remember that most people go online using their smart phones and tablets. Is your website capable of being browsed on such wireless devices? Quite often, people research businesses on their phones and visit them soon after they’ve located the ones that interest them the most. A quick Google search is all it takes for customers to make their decisions. Be sure that you can be found!
For more information on MeloTel’s Web Design Services and Affordable Website Maintenacnce Plans, please call 1-888-MELOTEL.