The MeloTel Blog has been discussing the concept of providing optimum customer service throughout the holiday season quite a lot lately. Sometimes, providing the best possible service means finding ways to satisfy customers even when no one is available to take their calls. Obviously, this entails having an adequate voicemail greeting in place. Providing accurate information that can help customers throughout the holidays is imperative if you want to maintain your brand’s reputation.
But that’s not the only way to provide excellent customer service throughout the holidays! Here are five holiday season customer service tips:
1. Allow your callers to skip the queue. In many cases throughout the holidays, your customers may not be able to speak to live representatives. In such cases, it’s best that they are able to leave messages for the people they are calling for. That way, they don’t have to waste time listening to unnecessary voice prompts. Provide an option for your callers to press a key that will allow them to immediately leave messages for the right people during the holiday break.
2. Prepare for frequently asked questions. Hopefully, the holiday season will bring about joyous times for your family, friends and customers. If so, it is unlikely you’ll be receiving many calls to begin with. However, consider the most popular questions that are asked of you. Prepare a voicemail greeting that seeks to answer some of the questions that you feel will most likely be asked during the holiday season.
3. Get your team to add some holiday cheer to their interactions. Most companies still have some of their representatives work during the last two weeks of the year. It’s the perfect time to inject some extra cheer into their conversations. Give your customers the warm and toasty feeling of the holidays when they call your company. They’ll not soon forget the positive interactions and look forward to doing business with your brand well into the future.
4. Prepare for higher call volumes. For some businesses, the holiday season is a slow period. For many others, it’s the busiest time of year! If so, you may need more agents on the phone than ever before. Be sure to schedule your staff appropriately so that you don’t have callers waiting for long periods of time when they call your company. Sometimes, you may need to take an “all hands on deck” approach.
5. Throw a holiday party. Now, how exactly does this help to improve customer service during the holidays? As you know, the holiday season can be a hectic time. And that goes double for your employees who may be required to do double the work. Reward them with a fun holiday celebration that they can all look forward to. A happy staff is a productive staff. Getting your team to spread holiday cheer on behalf of your business starts with its members being in genuinely cheerful moods.
At MeloTel, we’re very much of the mind that enjoying the holidays is a must. As you may already be aware, our office will be closed on December 23rd, 24th, 25th, 30th and 31st to give our team an opportunity to enjoy the holidays. However, we remain committed to ensuring that you receive the best possible customer service, even when you may not get the opportunity to speak to a live representative.
For more information on our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services or any other of our excellent services, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!