‘Tis the season to be giving. And since you’re in the giving mood, it’s important that you don’t forget that all-important person on your list that you likely often forget. You! Okay, well to be more specific, your business deserves your generosity this holiday season. Generally speaking, people see the new year as a time for change. New Year’s Resolutions are all the rage this time of year, so maybe it’s time you pick one for yourself.
Do you still use an ancient traditional landline to conduct business over the telephone? Perhaps, 2015 should be your starting point for switching to VoIP technology. There are many different benefits that come with using VoIP telephones that you may never have considered before. Among the biggest bonuses you’ll get by making the switch are all of the new capabilities that VoIP can give you that traditional landlines cannot. Here are five great benefits.
1. Big time savings. The holiday season traditionally brings about bigger bills thanks to excessive shopping for gifts. However, it also often results in larger phone bills thanks to all of those phone calls you’re making to family members and friends who live abroad. VoIP uses the internet. So the only cost to using it is the monthly internet bill that you’re used to getting. VoIP helps you to save big time on those long distance bills.
2. Conference calling. On a traditional phone line, you can only have two people speak to each other at a time. With VoIP, you have the ability to set up conference calls with an entire group of individuals from various locations. And they’re all able to communicate in real time. This enables you to conduct business meetings in ways that you never could before. Talk about taking things to the next level in the new year!
3. Inexpensive user hardware and software. When you use VoIP technology to manage your phone lines, you don’t require any additional expensive hardware. As long as you have an internet connection and a computer, all you’ll need is a sound card, speakers and a microphone to communicate with whoever you like across the world. Ask us about our inexpensive equipment that can help you get the ball rolling!
4. Local and toll free number portability. Is your new year going to start off in a new location? If you’re thinking of moving, you’ll be happy to know that your phone number doesn’t have to change. Even if you’re moving to a location with a different area code, your VoIP phone number can remain the same. In fact, you can operate your business using the same phone number even if doesn’t have a physical location!
5. Voice mail in your email. This is one of the most fascinating benefits to VoIP telephone lines. If you’re unavailable at the time of a call and the caller has to leave a message, your system can transfer that message as a WAV file to your email inbox. This allows you to check and modify your voicemail from literally anywhere that you have an internet connection. You’ll never miss another important message again.
At MeloTel, we consider ourselves experts in the world of VoIP technology. We’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about our VoIP telephone services. We know that it’s not always easy to convince yourself that change is necessary. But before the new year rolls around, you may want to consider this change to your business. Give us a call today by dialing 1-888-MELOTEL!