Voice over Internet Protocol. It’s a term that many Canadians have heard of but still may be unclear as to exactly what it is. To put it simply, VoIP uses the internet to connect callers instead of traditional phone lines. But why would that be necessary? What are the benefits to using VoIP instead of the age-old landlines? MeloTel customers are well aware that there are many advantages to using our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services.
Here are five:
1. It’s a money saver. Sometimes, it’s just worth pointing out the most intriguing benefit first. Arguably, there are few to no things more important to the average business owner than a solution that saves money. And when you’re doing away with long distance bills, that’s exactly what you’re doing. Our VoIP phone services offer unlimited calling to more than 22 countries. Using the “cloud” instead of a landline helps to significantly save on calling costs.
2. Superior voice quality. Bad connections, dropped calls and static on the line are commonplace with traditional phone lines. Not so much when it comes to VoIP. The voice quality of this source of communication is known to be significantly higher than what was once considered the norm. If you’re looking for crystal clear modes of communication, you could do a lot worse than to make the switch to VoIP.
3. It offers a wide variety of options. With MeloTel’s Commercial Phone Services, there are numerous add-ons that can be enjoyed. They include Call Waiting, Caller ID, Conference Calling, Call Transfer, Voicemail to your Email, Incoming Call Routing, Custom Hold Music and Out of Office Options. These all work to help manage your business phone calls more effectively.
4. No major set ups are required. Aside from the phones themselves, there is no equipment set up necessary when making the switch to VoIP. All you need is a high speed internet connection. In other words, you can do away with cumbersome cables and wires. VoIP only needs a high bandwidth quality and quality hardware to function optimally. This helps to avoid the majority of technical difficulties that come with traditional phone lines.
5. It helps you to be more accessible. As we’ve often pointed out, being accessible to customers is incredibly important in this day and age. People generally expect the things they want to be received right away. When it comes to customer service, this is especially true. This includes being readily available even outside of business hours. As well, being available when you’re not in your office is another important aspect of conducting business successfully in 2016.
This is where features, such as Single Number Reach, come in handy. Last week, our blog highlighted the incredible benefits that come with this service. It allows you to forward your local business number to up to five different devices that will ring simultaneously when it is called. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!