In our last blog, we discussed the importance of having a strong company website. These days, it should probably go without saying that a significantly noticeable online presence is a key ingredient to a business’ success. But, as we pointed out, just having a website doesn’t necessarily do the trick. It needs to be regularly updated. And there are several reasons as to why constant maintenance is important.
Think about your own store location. You keep it clean, right? And just as importantly, you change things up a bit from time to time. You don’t always keep up the same signage. You likely rearrange your displays, especially when you have new items to sell. You don’t always maintain the same sales and discounts, so as things change at your store, you must present a look to your customers that communicates that things are constantly being kept fresh.
Your website is no different. Sprucing things up is a necessary part of keeping people interested in continually visiting your website. And doing so doesn’t have to be hard at all. In fact, it’s easy to keep your website regularly updated. This is what makes blogging such a powerful advertising tool. Both small businesses and major corporations alike need to keep blogs. Here are our top five reasons as to why.
1. It drives traffic to your website. One of the main purposes of your blog is to create and maintain relevant content for your customers to read. Not only does this encourage repeat visits, but it allows you to keep your social media pages updated as well. Ask your friends and followers questions on your Facebook and Twitter pages that your blogs will answer. Naturally, posting unique links on social media that lead to your blogs will drive traffic to your website.
2. It’s great for SEO. Yes, Search Engine Optimization is all the rage these days. The more fresh content you have on your website, the more likely it is to be picked up in search engines when online users are researching your industry. Putting keywords in your articles will increase the number of hits you are bound to get when people type in related words in Google. Simply put, your blog will help more people to find you.
3. It helps you to build relationships. Blogs are excellent ways to lend your voice to your audience. In other words, they are direct ways of communicating that people are drawn to. Your blogs give you an advantage over other industry professionals who aren’t utilizing ways to personally reach out to their customer base. Your “voice” helps people to build a trust in you as the whole “getting to know you” approach to business advertising is a top factor in modern-day success.
4. It positions you as an industry leader. Speaking of your voice, blogs are excellent ways to brag. To be more precise, showing off your expertise is a great way to gain trust from would-be customers. Your blog will allow you to express your thoughts and ideas in unique ways that will attract curious shoppers towards your brand. These days, there are few ways better than blogging to highlight your experience and knowledge about your industry.
5. It’s affordable. Not everyone in the world can be a great blogger. In fact, there’s quite a talent involved in the ability to effectively communicate in ways that engage reading audiences. As well, blogging may take up time that you don’t have. If so, entrust MeloTel with all of your blogging needs. Our team of writers is as creative and articulate as it gets. Contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL to discuss our affordable Bloggers For Hire services and let’s get you blogging today!