You’ve probably got a lot planned this holiday season, don’t you? With all of the parties to go to, shopping to complete and food to eat, you won’t have much time to yourself! In many ways, this is a great thing. Business owners, of all people, could use a break during the holidays. Is there a better time of year to relax and celebrate in the company of your family and friends? However, it’s important to never be too far from the needs of your business.
Considering all that you have going on, there isn’t going to be much time for blogging this holiday season. Not much for blogging, you say? Well, that’s where MeloTel comes in. Our Bloggers For Hire can provide content for you all year long – holiday season included! You see, there’s a certain technique to blogging. You’ll want your regular posts to be filled with content that your readers will find useful.
That way, they’ll be more likely to find your business in search engines when they’re looking up information that is related to your industry. During the holidays, as mentioned, you’ll likely be too busy too blog – even if blogging is your thing. So here are five tips for how to keep your blog going during the holiday season. And don’t forget, we’re happy to help you. Simply call us at 1-888-MELOTEL to inquire about our blogging services!
1. Schedule posts ahead of time. Your blogging program should offer you the ability to schedule a post for any day and time that you please. WordPress, for example, is great for this. This will be important during the holidays when you won’t have time to post blogs live. Get writing early so that you’ll have enough content to cover you until the new year. This is the time of year when many people are jumping online to browse for holiday gifts so it’s good to give them new ways to find you.
2. Hire a guest blogger. As mentioned, MeloTel’s Bloggers For Hire are available to blog on your behalf. Our team is well-versed in a variety of areas. They write in very readable formats so that people from all walks of life can enjoy and learn from the content on your site. As well, it provides a heightened sense of professionalism when your blogs are written, proofread and posted by those who do it best!
3. Schedule social media posts. This, by the way, is another service offered through our Bloggers For Hire. There’s no denying the popularity of such social media platforms as Facebook and Twitter. Having links to your blogs posted on each of your profiles will help to heighten awareness and drive traffic to your website. Just like your blogs, these posts can be scheduled via Hootsuite.
4. Create incentives to build your email list. There are more ways than one to attract new attention to your brand. And the holiday season provides many ways. When customers visit your store, encourage them to offer their email addresses so that you can contact them with exclusive offers in the future. This too, will help you to build readership for your blog so that it grows in popularity following the holidays.
5. Be smart about content. Once the holidays actually arrive, less people will be online and more of them will be celebrating with family and friends. So before the holidays arrive, it’s important to blog about such topics as holiday shopping tips, how to save money and even “secret” holiday recipes – depending on your business, of course. Once the holidays arrive, curb the content to reflect changes in the new year. And be sure to wish everyone the happiest of holidays!