If you’re looking to add a new hire to your staff, it’s always wise to seek out a personality type that can fit in nicely with the current members of your team. The ability of a person to get along with others, work within a team environment and share ideas should be of great importance to every business owner. If you’re looking for someone who is a great team player, you may want to look for the following five traits during your hiring process.
1. Willing to go over and above the call of duty. Good team players do what is required of them. Great team players exceed expectations and continually strive for greatness. By taking risks and doing more than what is asked of them, certain individuals turn into all-star players. These employees make their companies better with each of their efforts, looking at the bigger picture for the brand over their own personal gains.
2. Prioritizing relationships over personal gain. To reiterate that last point, we know that it’s great to be recognized for your accomplishments. But doesn’t it feel better when your contributions lead to accolades that can be shared by your entire team? Great team players definitely think so. Just take a look at any interview by a star athlete after he/she has played the game of his/her life. The best team players are the ones who thank their teammates first.
3. Great communicator. At MeloTel, we’re often called upon to explain important pieces of information about our services to our customers. Many of those customers, it should be noted, are less than savvy in the technical department. So being able to communicate in clear and understandable ways makes it a lot easier for our entire team to look good to our client base. Be sure to look for someone who can communicate effectively.
4. A go-getter attitude. Some people are quite content with waiting for tasks to be delineated to them before they start any work. Others look to find ways to regularly contribute to the overall good of the companies they work for. They seek to help others complete their tasks when they’ve already completed their own. They want to gain acclaim for their entire teams instead of letting everyone else fend for themselves.
5. Consistently reliable. A great team player is someone who can be depended on time and time again. It’s important that other members of the team know that they are in safe hands when work is put into the hands of their teammates. By meeting deadlines, providing quality work and always keeping their words, great team players will be able to build and maintain positive relationships with everyone on his/her team.
At MeloTel, we look at our customers as people that we are in partnership with. In many ways, we are players on their teams, helping them to win in their marketplaces each and every day. For more information about any of our services including our VoIP-based Commercial Phone Services and Single Number Reach, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!