Recently, MeloTel contacted many of its clients to remind them of the benefits that come along with regular blogging. As we highlighted in a couple of blogs last week, blogging works wonders for company websites. Among the benefits are the facts that they increase search engine optimization and make your company more of a reputable source of information. All in all, a regularly-updated blog increases traffic to your site.
And what happens when you have more people visiting your website? You get more opportunities to convert them into paying customers! It’s important to think of your website in a similar way you would your company’s physical location. It’s always wise to keep up appearances. The same way regular maintenance is necessary around your office or storefront is the way you should be sprucing up your site.
Here are five reasons to regularly update your company website:
1. It’s an excellent security measure. Unfortunately, our extremely tech-savvy world is home to many a hacker. Many websites get hacked without notice because their owners aren’t doing their due diligence in keeping up with it. As well, it’s important to be mindful of website coding among other properties so that only you or your web designer can have access to the channels that allow for updates to be made.
2. It will increase SEO. As we pointed out earlier, a regularly updated website boosts your chances of having it picked up in search engines more often. With important keywords being the norm on your site, you’ll be given more opportunities for curious web browsers to locate it via Google. The popular search engine is known for locating fresh and relevant content. A stale and stagnant site with no changes isn’t bound to get noticed very much.
3. It creates more interest on social media. Firstly, the more you update your site, the more messages you can post via your social media channels to encourage people to check it out. Secondly, cool sites get people talking. If you have information on your site that is highly sought-after, people are bound to post links to it on their own social media profiles. It’s how social media works. Whatever gets people talking will get spread around quickly.
4. It keeps your company relevant. Website content is not the only thing that needs to be updated on a regular basis. Consider the fact that there are advances in web design all the time. You’ll want the look of your site to reflect the changes that are happening with the business itself. Also, updating your site so that it is mobile-friendly is especially important these days. A large number of internet users surf the net on their smartphones. You don’t want them to bypass your site.
5. It keeps open the lines of communication. Believe it or not, many consumers associate action (or lack thereof) on your website with your visibility in the marketplace. In other words, if your website goes unchanged for too long a time, it gives people the impression that nothing is happening with your business. Even worse, it can look like your company has gone out of business! A website kept fresh is one that gets people to contact the company it represents.
If you’re a business owner who would like to take advantage of all the above mentioned benefits, then MeloTel’s Website Maintenance Services are for you! Our monthly webmaster plans are perfect for the individual or small business that has a small number of sites in their network, and that can benefit from about two to fifteen hours of work each month. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the “Live Chat Support” feature on our website!