Each and every week, MeloTel’s Founder and CEO, John Meloche sends out a newsletter to those who have subscribed to the MeloTel emailing list. In each newsletter, John personally reflects about his mission statement for the company, reveals news about products and services and offers assistance to anyone who needs it. MeloTel’s newsletters are light, yet informative ways of keeping in regular touch with customers.
We’ve found that they also do a wonderful job of keeping subscribers up to date about new features, promotions and events. The useful information contained in each newsletter helps to garner greater attention for the features that are most beneficial to our customer base. By sending out newsletters to your email subscribers, you can better communicate the goals of your company, helping you to garner greater business.
If you haven’t yet started to send out company newsletters on a regular basis, here are five important reasons why you should:
1. It keeps your brand in the forefront of your customers’ minds. You know the saying “out of sight, out of mind”? You help to avoid feeling the effects of the old adage by communicating with your clients on a regular basis. Newsletters, emailed weekly, may not necessarily generate immediate business all the time, but they’ll certain help to keep your company name on the minds of subscribers who receive them. This plays well when customers require your services in the future.
2. It generates business from your current clients. We just mentioned that newsletters don’t always generate immediate business – but that doesn’t mean they generate no business at all. In fact, well-written newsletters intrigue readers to dig further into the news that is revealed. It’s often said that it’s easier to impress current customers than it is to garner the attention of people who’ve never heard of you. By sending out email newsletters each week, you’re bound to elicit some extra phone calls.
3. It provides useful information. With content marketing being such a focal point of businesses across North America these days, it’s important to remember just how effective it is to give your customers things for “free”. Your newsletters can be written in such ways that they provide helpful advice, tips and tricks. With such useful tidbits being doled out for free, it helps for your brand to garner the reputation of a go-to source of information. This will translate into paying customers when the time is right for them.
4. It generates traffic to your site. Any good newsletter will include links that direct readers to your company website. Such links can be for recent blog posts and/or product pages. No matter what, the concept is to drive traffic to your site and encourage visitors to learn more about what your business has to offer. This, in turn, should get them interested in speaking with you directly to learn more about how your business can help them. As always, the more traffic directed to your site, the more opportunities you have to welcome new customers to your business.
5. It makes it easier to sell your products and services. When your customer base is informed of your special features through your newsletters, they are better able to make informed buying decisions. While your newsletter is meant to entice direct phone calls, you’ll know that the information given in the newsletter has already started the education process. In other words, newsletters help you to not have to start from scratch. Opening the door for customers to learn more about the products and services you write about is a key to boosting sales.
MeloTel is proud to announce that Email Marketing & Newsletters have been added to the list of services offered by our Bloggers & Creative Writers For Hire. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-888-MELOTEL or use the Live Chat feature on our website!